Blackman vs Maryvile Game Promo

mat73557

Maybe over rated compared to what their coach was hyping before the game but they were a tuff bunch. 23-7 and if they don't shank those two punts in the 4th that gave us the ball around the 14 and 30 yard line its a different game. We got 14 points and momentum from those miscues. Seems like we only got around 200 yards or so on that D and we had a good O with Patton, Jay, Brandon, Shawn. Bad game management by coach S, as he admitted. Haven D scored the 7 points also after our tackle missed that block. Blackman's linebackers look better than 2011 Haven's and while their D front isn't as big they look like they move about as quick. Hoping we don't turn the ball over.

Numbers:

Garrett 2,086 yards, rushed for 869, 37 TD's, 1 Int. One of the best MHS has ever had. He's always played great coming up the pipeline and a gamer. I said in preseason, if the game is on the line... I'd want the ball in his hands and he's shown he does too. Protecting him from big hits and keeping him healthy is key tonight. This offense averages a school record 45.6 ppg.

Blackman's first-team D has not given up a single TD in the playoffs and didn't in the first meeting with powerhouse Oakland. Three excellent linebackers with 60 tackles each, and another big DE #40, like Sevieville's #45 last week, with 19 tackles and 9 sacks coming into tonight's match up. 

Welcome to Maryville, Blackman Blaze. Looking forward to something special tonight.

Numbers:

Garrett 2,086 yards, rushed for 869, 37 TD's, 1 Int. One of the best MHS has ever had. He's always played great coming up the pipeline and a gamer. I said in preseason, if the game is on the line... I'd want the ball in his hands and he's shown he does too. Protecting him from big hits and keeping him healthy is key tonight. This offense averages a school record 45.6 ppg.

Blackman's first-team D has not given up a single TD in the playoffs and didn't in the first meeting with powerhouse Oakland. Three excellent linebackers with 60 tackles each, and another big DE #40, like Sevieville's #45 last week, with 19 tackles and 9 sacks coming into tonight's match up. 

Welcome to Maryville, Blackman Blaze. Looking forward to something special tonight. 

With the game on the line there was no doubt in my mind that Garrett would be composed and make plays. #40 got his sack and those linebackers did what we knew they could do but Maryville was more disciplined and the better team.

Blackman you gave us a big challenge and have a great QB, gritty D, and the best linebackers. However, all of the extra stuff after the whistle (numerous no call personal fouls) won't beat a disciplined team like Maryville. This was a great game and your team imo is the best we have played in a long time.

If anything about life was fair (it isn't) we would have got Haven again. With or without the same refs, it wouldn't matter this year. We beat them back to back years and last year's proclaimed champion has a big asterisk by that title and always will. But they are done after a two year run. Was hoping we'd get White Station for a rematch as they are the only 6A team to beat us outright but they got hit in the mouth and folded. They have only been to the finals one year while we are going for our 10th consecutive time.

One more game.

Edited by Pancakes

With the game on the line there was no doubt in my mind that Garrett would be composed and make plays. #40 got his sack and those linebackers did what we knew they could do but Maryville was more disciplined and the better team.

Blackman you gave us a big challenge and have a great QB, gritty D, and the best linebackers. However, all of the extra stuff after the whistle (numerous no call personal fouls) won't beat a disciplined team like Maryville. This was a great game and your team imo is the best we have played in a long time.

If anything about life was fair (it isn't) we would have got Haven again. With or without the same refs, it wouldn't matter this year. We beat them back to back years and last year's proclaimed champion has a big asterisk by that title and always will. But they are done after a two year run. Was hoping we'd get White Station for a rematch as they are the only 6A team to beat us outright but they got hit in the mouth and folded. They have only been to the finals one year while we are going for our 10th consecutive time.

One more game.

How is #60 Pancakes? I sure do hope he is able to go Saturday night!

He was blocking at UT last week and another lineman got pushed into him from behind during the play as he was blocking the DE, trapping his foot and turning the ankle as he was hit from behind, he couldn't see it coming... Ligaments messed up. He iced it and meds all week, practiced in a brace and had a brace on in the game. It has hurt the whole time when weight was put on it but had improved slightly. He did therapy first thing Sat AM and about to go again now to Joes. Have pt set for all this week and hoping it heals. Unlucky, to say the least.

It bothered him pretty bad in warm-ups and he blocked it out for as long as he could. He only had 5 plays before it popped and went out. Of course you know how proud I am of what he did on that first scoring drive and those 5 plays with the pancake block he laid on the DE. :) I told him after warm ups, to play each snap like it was his last and he did. In limited playing time he has had 21 knockdown blocks this year. :)

Folks are praying, we'll see if it can heal quick. If not, he has some great highlight clips on hudl that he can be proud of.

He was blocking at UT last week and another lineman got pushed into him from behind during the play as he was blocking the DE, trapping his foot and turning the ankle as he was hit from behind, he couldn't see it coming... Ligaments messed up. He iced it and meds all week, practiced in a brace and had a brace on in the game. It has hurt the whole time when weight was put on it but had improved slightly. He did therapy first thing Sat AM and about to go again now to Joes. Have pt set for all this week and hoping it heals. Unlucky, to say the least.

It bothered him pretty bad in warm-ups and he blocked it out for as long as he could. He only had 5 plays before it popped and went out. Of course you know how proud I am of what he did on that first scoring drive and those 5 plays with the pancake block he laid on the DE. :) I told him after warm ups, to play each snap like it was his last and he did. In limited playing time he has had 21 knockdown blocks this year. :)

Folks are praying, we'll see if it can heal quick. If not, he has some great highlight clips on hudl that he can be proud of.

I will put him on my prayer list and pray for him this week. I have enjoyed watching him and I sure hope he plays Saturday night.

It has been one of my greatest joys watching him practice and play this sport. Maybe one more game if God allows it. Thank you sincerely for your prayers.

Man he has had a bunch of bad luck , hope he gets to play Sat night also and will also keep him in my prayers too .

This is just an example of all the heartache and sacrifice that our young men put into being a Maryville Rebel . I think a lot of life lessons are learned by playing Football , and playing with such a high dedication that all these young men have here in Maryville only gets them that much more ready for what lies ahead . The qualities that go into being a Maryville Rebel are the same qualities in life that it takes to be successful . Dedication , discipline , hard work , team work . I wish your son and all these fine young men laying all on the line every week to find happiness and success in their life and I hope they will always feel like they're a part of the Huge Family of Maryville rebel Football .

Man he has had a bunch of bad luck , hope he gets to play Sat night also and will also keep him in my prayers too .

This is just an example of all the heartache and sacrifice that our young men put into being a Maryville Rebel . I think a lot of life lessons are learned by playing Football , and playing with such a high dedication that all these young men have here in Maryville only gets them that much more ready for what lies ahead . The qualities that go into being a Maryville Rebel are the same qualities in life that it takes to be successful . Dedication , discipline , hard work , team work . I wish your son and all these fine young men laying all on the line every week to find happiness and success in their life and I hope they will always feel like they're a part of the Huge Family of Maryville rebel Football .

You're right... On top of the year round commitment; he gave an ACL, hamstring, hand and ankle for the team. Nobody notices an O lineman until they miss a block... It's easy to see one when a sack takes place, or a running back gets blasted behind the line of scrimmage several times like Friday, lol. 

When Prevo hurdled the BC player, as usual, we were amazed with the freakish ability. And it is amazing how many times he has leaped over players. How many people noticed the pulling lineman #60 on that play that laid a wicked knockdown block to set up that move and score? None, lol. It's just the nature of the position and it requires players who could care less about interviews and accolades but take pride in the work they put in year round to have the strength and agility to dominate the man in front of them..