Where Should The State Championship Games Be Played

RegisP90X

Here is our contact info in the NOOGA, I have passed the info on to them. Chattanooga has hotels within walking distance and places to eat near by. It is easy to find, really close to the interstate. The parking is good and the tailgating area would be great for fans also.

Chattanooga Sports Committee

736 Market Street, 18th Floor

Chattanooga, TN 37402

423-424-4415 Tel

423-408-4424 Cell

423-265-1630 Fax

tim@chattanoogacvb.com

www.chattanoogasports.com

as great as Chattanooga would be its just not fair for fans in west Tennessee to have to travel that far it makes more since to keep in middle Tennessee even if it is cookville. I agree cookville is decked out in the right colors it makes UC feel at home.

as great as Chattanooga would be its just not fair for fans in west Tennessee to have to travel that far it makes more since to keep in middle Tennessee even if it is cookville. I agree cookville is decked out in the right colors it makes UC feel at home.

Memphis to Cookeville is 292 miles. 

Memphis to Chattanooga is 335 miles. 

It's only 40 minutes difference, which isn't a big deal at all. 

I prefer the Nashville area (either Vandy or MTSU), but if the choice is Chattanooga or Cookeville then Chattanooga wins by a landslide. 

I prefer the Nashville area (either Vandy or MTSU), but if the choice is Chattanooga or Cookeville then Chattanooga wins by a landslide.

but its further from UC.

Why not Carson Newman that way after the game drive on up to Gatlinburg. Vandy makes the most sense.
  • Upvote 1

I agree on mid tn too, it is central to everyone. I am just throwing some options out there. I would not mind it anywhere in the state, I will travel anywhere. I do love going to the GA dome, I wish we had one in TN.

Fair would be to alternate between the larger cities in the state, spread the money around.  But that would not be possible.

If you want to make me happy, help me find a way to get rid of the rule where our kids have to goto one school in Hamilton County. As long as they live in Hamilton County I see no problem with them going to any school if they can find a ride. :thumb:

Go Eagles!!!!

259 vs. 293. That's another half hour drive.

Not an issue.

Its not about how far the fans have to travel. It's not fair for the players to ride 3 to 5 hours before the game. And if they go up the day before you know 14 to 18 year olds are not going to get the rest they need in a hotel.
  • Upvote 2

Its not about how far the fans have to travel. It's not fair for the players to ride 3 to 5 hours before the game. And if they go up the day before you know 14 to 18 year olds are not going to get the rest they need in a hotel.

It's never going to be "fair".  Somebody will always have to travel further, no matter where it's held. 

30 more minutes on a motor coach isn't a big deal, either.  Every team stops and gets out and does a walkthru of some kind, anywhere.