Where Should The State Championship Games Be Played

RegisP90X

Sorry if someone has already mentioned this but the championship games will always be played in the city that gives the most money to the T$$AA.

This thread comes up every year or so and the T$$AA doesn't give a rat's rear end what we think.

Correct!! Cookeville wanted it more, and paid for it. Did Chatt, Mem, or Clarksville even put in bids? Just asking... I really can't remember. It seems to me like the city of Cookeville embraces it more. Highly doubt the Nashville Sports Council could care less these days.

Haha!! How do you figure that? We are about the same distance from Nash, the 'Boro, and Cookeville. As long as we are in it, I could care less where it's played. I've watched my team at all three venues. I believe I can make an argument for Cookeville...starting with the stadium size. It's perfect. The playing surface argument is a wash. It has to be artificial!! Field turf is field turf...and nobody on these boards could really tell the difference in Tech's, Middle's, or Vandy's!! I played at Vandy. We dressed in some locker room in McGuggin...nothing special at all. And as facilities go, all of the four teams left have "dressed" in way worse conditions this year...compared to where they will be Friday and Saturday. If you are referring to fan accommodations...well I haven't found a bathroom at any of the three I couldn't take a leak. Parking is better than the other two, and finally...If you are going there to "EAT", then there are ways around that too. You don't have to stay on Willow and Jackson.

Arguments can be made for the others as well...

lmbo. I think he was kidding about TC having that much pull with that Childress man. Edited by TheBlackPearl

Seven, I am going from memory here, which is usually a dangerous thing, but I think Memphis and Murfreesboro bid, maybe Chattanooga also. I'm also pretty sure Knoxville put in a bid but it was so laughable it didn't come close to consideration. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

People will say it has to be in middle Tennessee for the fans but the spring fling seemed to work in Chattanooga and I've said this before: If the state championship was in a Tiptonville cow pasture I'd be there.

Of course I would like to see them in the NOOGA, But the middle of the state is fair.

UTC stadium is a great location to tailgate at and a good sportsbar is located a weak 9 iron shot away from the stadium. (for you bar types) And alot of hotels in walking distance to the stadium.

Go Eagles!!

Edited by realmenwearred

Here is our contact info in the NOOGA, I have passed the info on to them. Chattanooga has hotels within walking distance and places to eat near by. It is easy to find, really close to the interstate. The parking is good and the tailgating area would be great for fans also.

Chattanooga Sports Committee

736 Market Street, 18th Floor

Chattanooga, TN 37402

423-424-4415 Tel

423-408-4424 Cell

423-265-1630 Fax

tim@chattanoogacvb.com

www.chattanoogasports.com