District 9AAA

BigBoy10

I agree about Mt Juliet. I think they are clearly the top team in the district and top 2 in the region with Rossview being the other top team. WC went there for a play date and Rossview looked really good. Big, fast and athletic! I look for a rematch in the region final between Mt Juliet and Rossview.

Wilson Central looked pretty solid at camps this summer. They struggled to score at times but that trapping/scramble defense Coach Wild runs will cause people problems, even Mt Juliet. If they dont make the top 4, I would be shocked. Mainly because everyone else in the district seems to be down a bit. 

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, Coach Johnson hasn't gifted coach Fryer anything other than kids that lack fundamentals. The best players the last few years just haapened to be a 6'4" D1 talent and 2 transfers that are very good and have comitted D1. Fryer has to spend the girls freshmen years deprogramming before they become useful. Mt. Juliet has been very fortunate for the last 10+ years to have had a lot of talent come through and would have been successful at the middle school level regardless of coaching, mainly because of size and natural ability. Chris takes these girls to another level because of his system and the girls parental support, not because of anything they learned in middle school.

• 4 weeks later...

Haha MJHO says it's talent but then says CCF coached them up. If you don't believe Chris gets quality players due to the youth leagues and Coach Johnson I'm not sure what to say? Coach Johnson has coached up plenty of kids these last 15 years and Chris has benefitted.

If Chris felt the kids were so poorly coached he could go visit coach Johnson and let him know certain things they needed to know before going to MJHS. To the best of my knowledge that's not happened.

Chris has done a great job but he's benefitted greatly with a steady stream of talent from Coach Johnson's teams. Based on the MJMS records the past 15 years it's really hard to dispute that.

season starts up tonight. gallatin has rossview at home. i might need to take back what i said about them being higher than 7, but ill stick with it for now. just a bit worried about the defensive effort

Yeah, I went to the game tonight. It wasn't really close after about 2 minutes into the game. Gallatin has a few capable offensive players with Duncan and Hudson but as you said, they didn't seem very interested in the defensive end of the floor. Rossview looked like a team that could contend for the region again. They missed several easy layups around the basket or this game would have been 30+. Maybe the Green Wave will get it figured out... I do think they'll finish above 7th for sure though.

Gallatin picked up another win last night, steam rolling Whitehouse.

Hendersonville beat Clarksville High (a region opponent) by 10.

Station Camp lost to Rossview (also a region opponent) by 13.

Beech lost to Brentwood by 3

Wilson Central lost to Smyrna by 9

Lebanan lost to Shelbyville by 18

Portland lost by 17

Did not see a Mt Juliet score... anyone know if they played?