District 9AAA

BigBoy10

After being locked out of my account, I got in. My reply is to all 9AAA. Sportyz seems to be only reasonable person replying. All you other 9AAA contributers down there seem to me to be like a pack of Dogs waiting on their next prey You have attacked and condemned the Hayes family in the Court of Public Opinion. How can one daddy and family be so bad? They're not. You say their case is frivolent. Well, the Federal case is in middle court and is deemed by law to have merit. So your statement is wrong. On the other hand, I watched HHS early to end this season and I saw Vocal  parents everywhere in stands. This is normal. My evaluation of HHS season is as follows: Two top players were Freshmen along with rising Sophomore. Two Seniors were good enough to get College offers. So that is Five players. Don't buy the statement of lack of Talent. There was no leadership on this Team. Therein lies problem. Coaches must address that problem and didn't. This team was about the Seniors and they didn't want underclassmen leading Team. It is what it is. I saw Senior mothers say pass the ball, immediately when Hayes touched the ball. Talk about Vocal. And the Seniors had someone that passed ball to them cause they didn't rebound too well. Also, the HHS Principal , Athletics Director, and Coaches have been implicated in a Federal Lawsuit. The case has merit according to the law. How can you guys support them and be a parent at the same time? The allegations are serious, since, Feds are involved. The Hayes have done nothing wrong here. Their daughter was dismissed from team, according to suit. How do you dismiss from team a young lady of her stature?  There is a saying in Bowling Green, When the pack of dogs attack innocents, they gotta go... You guys thinking and thought process is why this case is in Court to begin with and taking sides with those implicated in a lawsuit doesn't go well.

Was kinda bored and thought I'd read coacht today. I have to admit I've known Mr Hayes for several years and have seen him many times at games. Multiple people have this story 100% correct and the post I attached is one of the most unbelievable things I've seen in sports.

Mr Hayes is extremely boisterous at games and is not someone 99% would enjoy sitting with. IMO he is the issue here and is destined to create similar issues with his younger daughters. I'm not insinuating anything illegal or improper but he's definently a person I assume schools potentially will have to address.

There's no way I'd ever want Mr. Hayes with a child on a team with my daughter. Drama follows that family to every school.

Hville asst goes to portland and hville hc resigns. admin is stepping down to take cravens phys ed spot and coach them. or maybe not. so they need an AP and an eng teacher, and possibly a coach or asst as well. they should hire a coach that can take those parents by the short hairs. theyre outta control.

can we get all this coaching crap behind us and talk about the talented girls in this league? of course i hope for a big year from gallatin with briscoe and duncan being seniors.

Edited by yort45

Hville asst goes to portland and hville hc resigns. admin is stepping down to take cravens phys ed spot and coach them. or maybe not. so they need an AP and an eng teacher, and possibly a coach or asst as well. they should hire a coach that can take those parents by the short hairs. theyre outta control.

can we get all this coaching crap behind us and talk about the talented girls in this league? of course i hope for a big year from gallatin with briscoe and duncan being seniors.

Pretty good post Yort.  Unfortunately, we have to talk about parents way too often.  It has become commonplace to have to appease parents and their desires.  Every parent who wants to coach, should get a degree and apply for the job.  District 9AAA has some really good coaches and several that have been in their position for several years.  However, the days of having hard-nosed, tough coaches has become a thing of the past.  The number of lifetime coaches vs the number of 2-4 year coaches is only about 10%.  It's unfortunate that you can't just tell people the truth.  My personal belief is that parents make terrible coaches because they have an altered view of their children's actual ability.

parents make terrible coaches for more reasons than that. i remember hearing parents screaming for the team to guard an opposing player. in high school girls bball there are players, and then there are girls that can PLAY. the strategy was to leave her open bc she wont hit one anyway. parents dont have a clue when it comes to schemes, planning, practicing, anything.