District 9AAA

BigBoy10

Haha MJHO says it's talent but then says CCF coached them up. If you don't believe Chris gets quality players due to the youth leagues and Coach Johnson I'm not sure what to say? Coach Johnson has coached up plenty of kids these last 15 years and Chris has benefitted.

If Chris felt the kids were so poorly coached he could go visit coach Johnson and let him know certain things they needed to know before going to MJHS. To the best of my knowledge that's not happened.

Chris has done a great job but he's benefitted greatly with a steady stream of talent from Coach Johnson's teams. Based on the MJMS records the past 15 years it's really hard to dispute that.

Haha MJHO says it's talent but then says CCF coached them up. If you don't believe Chris gets quality players due to the youth leagues and Coach Johnson I'm not sure what to say? Coach Johnson has coached up plenty of kids these last 15 years and Chris has benefitted.

If Chris felt the kids were so poorly coached he could go visit coach Johnson and let him know certain things they needed to know before going to MJHS. To the best of my knowledge that's not happened.

Chris has done a great job but he's benefitted greatly with a steady stream of talent from Coach Johnson's teams. Based on the MJMS records the past 15 years it's really hard to dispute that.

I agree.  Coach Johnson is the one coaching them up.

Ace my post was not to say Chris didn't do a good job with his teams because I believe he deserves credit. I was just mentioning that Rick Johnson has done a great job sending good players to Chris. Sure Rick has a short rotation most years and only they get PT but they are usually very fundamental as well as skilled. Like I said before MJMS's record the last 15 year has been outstanding so it's not really an argument.

I think it's safe to say that most of the top high school programs in the state have solid middle school coaches and programs. Otherwise, the high school programs would have a tough time maintaining any level of consistency. Unless of course they go out and recruit their players, or in rare cases are just blessed with an abundance of talent.

Pretty sure Rick and Chris didn't teach Sally to be 6'4... Who gets credit for that? Isn't it the middle school coach's job to get the players ready to play at the high school level? Or are they shooting for the middle school basketball Hall of Fame? 

If you guys have an ax to grind and want to start a MJMS thread, be my guest but I'm not sure what this has to do with this topic.

Right. Sally is the only player from MJMS the last 15 years. Gotcha.

Are you seriously gonna be one of those guys who says "move it to another thread?" It was a comment about the program itself then a few replies.

As far as middle school coaches job it is to get them ready for sure which is why, with the players that have gone from MJMS to MJHS, the negative comments about Rick are baffling? If folks are objective the assertion that Rick has done a poor job is laughable.

Right. Sally is the only player from MJMS the last 15 years. Gotcha.

Are you seriously gonna be one of those guys who says "move it to another thread?" It was a comment about the program itself then a few replies.

As far as middle school coaches job it is to get them ready for sure which is why, with the players that have gone from MJMS to MJHS, the negative comments about Rick are baffling? If folks are objective the assertion that Rick has done a poor job is laughable.

I agree completely.

Hendersonville is 3-1, lost to Rossview

Station Camp is 3-2, lost to Rossview and Sycamore

Wilson Central is 4-2, lost to Riverdale and Smyrna

Mt Juliet is 3-1, lost to Oakland (beat a tough MLK team today)

Lebanon is 1-2, beat Clarksville NW

Beech is 3-4, lost to Stewarts Creek twice, Brentwood and Dickson (3 good teams)

Portland is 6-1, yep not a typo... lost to Westmoreland (who is also 6-1)

From what I've seen so far, I still think WC and Mt Juliet are the 2 best teams with Gallatin and Hendersonville right there in the mix. Portland has played a soft schedule so far. District play starts next week. Should be interesting...

Edited by BigBoy10