District 9AAA

BigBoy10

WC got the win as Kendall Spray was clearly the best player on the floor.  She had 26 and look determined to end the streak.  Only 22-21 at half as the game was being played at a slower pace.  WC improved the post defense in the 3rd and 4th quarter and went on a 22-4 run to put the game away.  Got to believe that the next time these teams play, Fryer will try something different to defend Spray.

Seen everyone in the district at least once.  WC, MJ, and Hendersonville (with their size) are the three best teams.  Not sure what has happened to Lebanon.  Thought they would be better.

WC got the win as Kendall Spray was clearly the best player on the floor. She had 26 and look determined to end the streak. Only 22-21 at half as the game was being played at a slower pace. WC improved the post defense in the 3rd and 4th quarter and went on a 22-4 run to put the game away. Got to believe that the next time these teams play, Fryer will try something different to defend Spray.

Seen everyone in the district at least once. WC, MJ, and Hendersonville (with their size) are the three best teams. Not sure what has happened to Lebanon. Thought they would be better.

MJ losing one of their top players to a knee injury has hurt the team. Not a whole bunch of depth with this bunch and theyre young.

The district as a whole is down in talent compared to the last several years.

Spray is a great little shooter. Fun to watch.

WC and MJ are very similar in age. Both teams only play 1 senior. Station Camp also has some good young players, with a post out due to ACL injury. Hendersonville and Lebanon both play several seniors.

As far as the district being down, I don't know if that applies to anyone other than MJ...maybe Station Camp. Central and Portland are probably better than last year. No dominant post player (Degray), which has been a staple in district 9 for years..

I've been following Mt. Juliet girls basketball for many years. I have kept up with records over the years and from 2002-2015 here are the district records for each team.

Mt. Juliet. 171-17

Wilson Central 132-56

Station Camp. 50-34

Beech. 100-88

Lebanon. 42-42

Hendersonville. 73-115

Gallatin. 45-143

Portland. 9-75

Mt. Juliet has won 11 regular season district championships and have won 9 district championships in those 14 years.

That being said I think we can safely say Mt. Juliet has been the dominate team.

True enough this is a down year for MtJ. They lost about 90% of their offensive production from last years team.

Should come as no surprise Wilson Central is the top team this year. But for MtJ to lose what they did and be the second best team is remarkable and testament to Chris Fryers coaching ability.

Mt. Juliet loses only 1 player off this team and there is help on the way from the middle school. So I would say watch out for return of Lady Bears next year. The incoming freshman group is very talented.

I've been following Mt. Juliet girls basketball for many years. I have kept up with records over the years and from 2002-2015 here are the district records for each team.

Mt. Juliet. 171-17

Wilson Central 132-56

Station Camp. 50-34

Beech. 100-88

Lebanon. 42-42

Hendersonville. 73-115

Gallatin. 45-143

Portland. 9-75

Mt. Juliet has won 11 regular season district championships and have won 9 district championships in those 14 years.

That being said I think we can safely say Mt. Juliet has been the dominate team.

True enough this is a down year for MtJ. They lost about 90% of their offensive production from last years team.

Should come as no surprise Wilson Central is the top team this year. But for MtJ to lose what they did and be the second best team is remarkable and testament to Chris Fryers coaching ability.

Mt. Juliet loses only 1 player off this team and there is help on the way from the middle school. So I would say watch out for return of Lady Bears next year. The incoming freshman group is very talented.

The current underclass group (Fr and Soph) lost one good player due to injury and have no studs like in years past so the MS kids will be counted on early.

CCF always does a good job but their record is more of an indictment on the district this year than anything. Its just not what it has been.

Mt. Juliet. 171-17

Wilson Central 132-56

Station Camp. 50-34

Beech. 100-88

Lebanon. 42-42

Hendersonville. 73-115

Gallatin. 45-143

Portland. 9-75

Great information. MJ has clearly dominated the district. To stay at this level, they will need more help than what is coming from MS. Good group coming, but the domination at this level has come from outside MS program. Nothing against the rules, but the Degray twins came from Cane Ridge zone and Meme Jackson came from Nashville. Not through MS system.

The best eighth grader in county is at Southside and the best seventh grader is at West Wilson. Both are supposedly going to Central. MJMS has some good players that might end being better in HS. Chris needs numbers! He can make them better, he just needs more players to stick with basketball.

As far as the district being down, it really only applies to MJ. Instead of beating people by 20-40 per game, they are winning by 5-10. MJ has been the only elite team in the district for the last 4-5 years. Without a dominant big, Central might not reach that level. Outside of MJ, the district is pretty similar to the last several years.

Edited by WilsonCoFan