District 9AAA

BigBoy10

Central "escaped" the Hendersonville game with a OT win 71-61. Hend up 4 with less than minute to play. Spray had 35. First matchup, Central won by 9 in an ugly game. Hendersonville had them tonight, but let it slip away.

Yes they did. Hendersonville led most of the game and had a VERY QUESTIONABLE technical foul call on Coach Johnson that really changed the momentum of the game. Even after that, Hville still  had 3 shots to win it in regulation with less than 14 seconds to go. They missed 2 layups with 3 seconds left and then fell apart in overtime.

Spray is fun to watch! Coach Wild's sideline antics are pretty entertaining as well. 

Congrats to Lebanon for getting the monkey off their back!

District Tournament begins next Wednesday. All games will be played t Portland High School. This is the first time in several years that 1st. Round games haven't been played at higher seeded teams.

Wilson Central has #1 seed locked up.

Mt. JULIET & Hendersonville battling for #2 and #3 seeds. Appears coin flip will determine.

Portland and Lebanon have inside track for #4 and #5 seeds, which will make for interesting opening round game with Portland hosting tournament.

Beech appears to have #6 seed

Station Camp has #7 seed

Gallatin has #8 seed locked up.

Wilson Central is strong favorite to win tournament.

Should be interesting to see how the other 3 teams advance to Regional Tournament at Clarksville High School this year.

District 10-AAA is stronger than normal this year. Rossview is strong this year. Henry County is much improved.

It won't be a cakewalk for 9-AAA this year as has been in past.

I'm going to take a guess and pick District Tournament to go like this.

Champion - Wilson Central

Runner-up - Mt. JULIET

Third Place - Hendersonville

Fourth Place - Portland

Portland gets a boost being host and takes advantage of it.

Solid analysis MtJBears! 

Any chance Mt Juliet upsets WC on Friday? It wouldn't affect WC but could lock up 2nd for MJ.

I wouldn't say Hendersonville/Beech is a lock either though. It was only a 6 pt game last time.

It appears Portland/Lebanon are going to play friday and then turn around and play again in the first round. Portland won the last meeting by 13 but Lebanon has won 4 in a row. This should be an interesting matchup to watch.

I think the 9AAA tournament will end like this:

1) WC -clearly the best team

2) HV - I just think they are playing better than MJ right now

3) MJ - They seem to be going the wrong direction

4) Lebanon- two weeks ago, I thought they had mailed in the rest of the year but have won 4 straight and seem to have revived the sinking ship.

I agree about 10AAA. Rossview has made it the Region 5AAA championship game the last two years, losing to MJ both times and are currently 23-1. They are definitely a team to be reckoned with and Henry County already has 20+ wins, which is impressive! Clarksville beat Beech by 30 early in the year and have a solid record as well. The region may be wide open this year! 

MJ almost got the upset Friday against Central. Triangle and two forced Central to go away from Spray and Byrd, but it put MJ in bad position on the boards. Central won due to rebounding advantage. Bell played solid for MJ with 25 pts. Will be interesting if they meet again in tourney.

Central finishes regular season undefeated for the first time. Congrats to them for a great accomplishment!

On to the tournament. Coach Wild said it best in paper, everyone is back to 0-0.

• 2 weeks later...

It is amazing how the district tournament ended up with Hendersonville & Portland getting upset. Beech, Lebanon,Wilson Central & MJ going into the regional games instead. Beech,

Lebanon, & MJ were taken out first round Monday night. Any predictions going in the Regional

Championship Game? Wilson Central vs. Rossview - Wednesday Night @ the dimly lit gym at Clarksville High School. 

:flower: 

It is amazing how the district tournament ended up with Hendersonville & Portland getting upset. Beech, Lebanon,Wilson Central & MJ going into the regional games instead. Beech,

Lebanon, & MJ were taken out first round Monday night. Any predictions going in the Regional

Championship Game? Wilson Central vs. Rossview - Wednesday Night @ the dimly lit gym at Clarksville High School. 

:flower: 

MJ won their first round game against Henry County and lost the semi final game vs Wilson Central, Lebanon lost their first round game against Rossview. The final should be interesting as Rossview will be the most physical and fast team that Wilson Central has faced all year. Their undefeated record will face a big challenge in this game. I assume coach Wild probably has some more tricks up his sleeve. Best coach 9AAA has had in awhile. Fryer is gonna have to go back to the drawing board if he wants to stay compettitive against Wild in the coming years. Of course, having a shooter like Spray doesn't hurt.

"MJ won their first round game against Henry County and lost the semi final game vs Wilson Central, Lebanon lost their first round game against Rossview. The final should be interesting as Rossview will be the most physical and fast team that Wilson Central has faced all year. Their undefeated record will face a big challenge in this game. I assume coach Wild probably has some more tricks up his sleeve. Best coach 9AAA has had in awhile. Fryer is gonna have to go back to the drawing board if he wants to stay compettitive against Wild in the coming years. Of course, having a shooter like Spray doesn't hurt."

Wilson Central Beat Rossveiw to make their record 32-0 & claim the Regional Championship. Also,

beat Ravenwood last Saturday night at Home 75 - 40. That win puts them 33-0 and the only

undefeated AAA team Girls team in the state.  

The draw for the State Playoffs was on Sunday. Wilson Central plays Memphis Central

on Wednesday any predictions?

:popcorneater: 

• 6 months later...

With the start of practice less than a month away. Who do you think is the favorite in 9AAA this year? Can WC repeat without Spray? Can Mt Juliet return to their usual dominant form? Will Lebanon show significant improvement in year 2 under Barrett? Is Hendersonville the sleeper with a freshman point guard? They have good size and Long/Sheehan can score. What are your predictions?

This is my best guess.

1 WC- Byrd is best player in the league and Wild is best coach.

2 Hendersonville- They return significant talent and experience, which should take them a long way.

3 Mt Juliet- Culture accounts for a lot and Fryer always gets a lot out of his kids. Bell can play! 

4 Lebanon- Young but talented group coming up.

5 Station Camp- Payne and Deason can score at a high clip and the team always plays hard

6 Beech- New coach and losing best athlete/scorer leaves them as a big question mark.

7 Portland- With the loss of Herrera, Chatmon and Keen, not sure where points will come from.

8 Gallatin- With no Hudson, I think they'll really struggle to score.