District 9AAA

BigBoy10

Any idea how many players Lebanon has total? They seemed to use a lot of experienced-looking players in a jv game today, when other schools around their size had separate groups for varsity and JV. Pressed very well and had a lot of height. Maybe they were backups and could just play at a good level. Played at least 10 or 12 it seemed.

Edited by Indian

MJ has two hall of fame games Saturday at East Nashville. They play the defending AA state champs and MLK that won the AA state in 2015.

Well, they should find out very quickly what kind of team they will have this year. East is loaded again! I've heard MLK is very young this year. Should be some good games! 

MJ is young. They started 3 freshmen Saturday both games. They run their offense well however. The system is in place. Post player Palmer could  be really good for them for awhile if she gets in better condition.

Bell tweaked her knee during the 2nd game. Think she will be fine.

They handled a young MLK team pretty easily. East is  just a different monster. They were very much in the game the first half, but the Lady Eagles defensive pressure and quickness was just too much in the 2nd half.

Good luck to Fryer and Simms this year. Good to see  you guys.

MJ is young. They started 3 freshmen Saturday both games. They run their offense well however. The system is in place. Post player Palmer could  be really good for them for awhile if she gets in better condition.

Bell tweaked her knee during the 2nd game. Think she will be fine.

They handled a young MLK team pretty easily. East is  just a different monster. They were very much in the game the first half, but the Lady Eagles defensive pressure and quickness was just too much in the 2nd half.

Good luck to Fryer and Simms this year. Good to see  you guys.

Well I was obviously wrong about Tavie. Hate to hear she tore her ACL. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

• 2 weeks later...

With district play starting last night, any thoughts or observations? Mine is that Hendersonville my get the least out of their talent. Player for player they are just as good as Wilson Central. On paper, it's a good matchup. But they just don't play very hard on defense, looked out of shape in the 4th quarter, and they don't really run much of an offense. It kinda looks like freelance. It just seems to me that they should be better than they are. Their first 5 are as good as anybody in the district based on talent. They could be the top dog but will likely finish 3rd or 4th. Just kind of disappointing...

Not sure I completely agree with your talent assessment. Watched them play Westmoreland, Rossview and Central. Central shot about 25% from the field and still won by 8. I think we will know more about Hendersonville after next Friday when they play Station Camp. SC will press and Hendersonville has struggled at times to take care of the basketball against pressure.

Not sure how you rate the talent at Central. They have several seniors that have played a lot of basketball over the past 3 years and play really hard. Still early in the season as they try and figure out how to score without Spray. Watched them in a pre-season play day beat Oak Ridge by 20 and they looked pretty talented.

Not sure I completely agree with your talent assessment. Watched them play Westmoreland, Rossview and Central. Central shot about 25% from the field and still won by 8. I think we will know more about Hendersonville after next Friday when they play Station Camp. SC will press and Hendersonville has struggled at times to take care of the basketball against pressure.

Not sure how you rate the talent at Central. They have several seniors that have played a lot of basketball over the past 3 years and play really hard. Still early in the season as they try and figure out how to score without Spray. Watched them in a pre-season play day beat Oak Ridge by 20 and they looked pretty talented.

You are making my point. Wilson Central is a talented team that also plays hard, rebounds well and executes their offense. They are well coached and get a lot out of their talent. I was referring to Hendersonville not reaching their potential, not WC.

In my opinion, Long and Sheehan can shoot the ball just as well as Byrd and Elrod. Their freshman pg (#24 I think) is very talented! #32 Burton is a skilled, stretch four and #23 Branch blocks a bunch of shots and protects the rim. All I am saying is that Hendersonville has a bunch of pieces to the puzzle and just can't seem to get it together. It's early. Maybe they will get it worked out.

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know what is going on with Hendersonville? Recent box scores would indicate they are missing a few key starters from earlier in the season. Not surprised they lost to Cheatham Co (CC is a good team) but I did not think it would be by 20. Other recent losses seem odd as well for the team I saw earlier this season.

Anyone have an update?

Anyone know what is going on with Hendersonville? Recent box scores would indicate they are missing a few key starters from earlier in the season. Not surprised they lost to Cheatham Co (CC is a good team) but I did not think it would be by 20. Other recent losses seem odd as well for the team I saw earlier this season.

Anyone have an update?

That CC team sophomore class has been beating teams since elementary school AAU.