South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

It was early season and a lot of young (then) UC backs weren't used to the veer yet. UC had......some say 7 but most say 9 turnovers that many of which led to McKenzie points. It hasn't happened since then to any degree that hurt UC in the end. As most of you SPitt fans remember I'm a McKenzie fan and I'm just glad we caught them in the first game. Had we played them after that it would have been ugly I'm sure.

Take care of business UC!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

It was early season and a lot of young (then) UC backs weren't used to the veer yet. UC had......some say 7 but most say 9 turnovers that many of which led to McKenzie points. It hasn't happened since then to any degree that hurt UC in the end. As most of you SPitt fans remember I'm a McKenzie fan and I'm just glad we caught them in the first game. Had we played them after that it would have been ugly I'm sure.

Take care of business UC!!!!!!!

You and Butchie are just still real mad at Grider for mercy ruling you in that championship game. That Comer man did not have anybody that could catch our boys that day. You think im joking but im not.

Here is my take on the Pirates. They do a really good job of getting their two best playmakers Lankford and Mitchell the ball in their two favorite formations (Ram and Cowboy sets). They are average size up front, but do a good job of getting a hat on somebody. Their bread and butter plays are the dives and traps mixed in with some jet sweeps. The QB seems to be a heady player but he doesn't look like a player that will beat you with his feet and he doesn't get asked to throw it around much.

Roy,

We weren't mad at anybody 'bout that. We didn't play well and we got what we got. We did make a little showing in the second half.  Someone asked what happened in the UC vs. McKenzie game and I told them. We actually were fortunate to play them when we did or they would have likely wiped the field with us. I will say that the Rebels were a very good 5 and 5 team but that counts for nada in this case.

I certainly need no reminding about that game in '07 but have had no bad responses from the SPitt faithful over it before now so I'm good there. I'm a big boy and can take it if you choose to go back in time to a game that has nothing to do with this one.

PS---That Silver Ball sure looks pretty in our trophy case out at the school!!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Hey guys Glenn here. I guess by now you guys should listen to me. I tried to tell you those Coalfield hornets where real big but not very fast. Not even kinda fast. The Pirates are real fast. 28 was really fast but why do our coaches keep letting him eat popcorn during warmups? They need to make him stay away from that stuff. The butter keeps making him fumble. It don't matter how fast your are if you drop the ball cause of butter. I just think the coaches need to have these boys eating what works. Number 6 was still pretty fast last Friday and didn't have any crampages. That's good. He needs to keep drinking cranberry juice to keep those crampages away. This Friday is our last game and we need to be really fast. Onion City is FAST and I mean really fast. They have that 42 that's pretty fast and real strong. Number 2 is pretty fast too. They have others like number 21,11 & 6 that are all really fast. If we don't eat right and work on our fastness this week I don't think I like my pirates this week. Onion City is really fast. I guess you could say they are just as fast as the Pirates and you know how fast our Pirates are. I guess we really need to work on our fastness so we can be as fast as them.

From Glenn

Gleen stop tellin everybody all our secrets. We are a dark horse in this thing and don't have much of a chance. The looming obstacle for both teams will be the weather. 85% chance of rain and 45 degress. Not what you want to see in a title game.

Edited by BigSwo

Troll we've heard that over and over again. So far not one of the top ranked teams we have played this season had an answer. Out of the 12 games we played this season 6 of those teams were ranked higher than number 7. That includes a number 3 2 A Huntingdon and number 4 ranked Peabody also 2A. Humboldt was ranked number 1 and could have very easily been playing in this title game but our kids played hard and never gave up. Eat it up and spit it out?

Easier said than done.

swo what did hum bolt do to keep you guys contained? No secrets here our team has film your team has film? 10 to 7 right ?

Prediction wise, I don't have one at this time but am familiar with both teams history to date. From that and all that I've read so far this season this game should be one of the best at Cookville this time. If not the best. I'll be glued to my TV. Just need to know what time and channel.  I'll take off work early if I have to just to watch it and I'm not from UC but pulling for them all the way.

Both teams seem to find a way to win. This is gonna be awesome!!!!

• Upvote 1

swo what did hum bolt do to keep you guys contained? No secrets here our team has film your team has film? 10 to 7 right ?

Simply put. Turvovers. We set them up once inside our 10 and another time inside our 15 but we kept them out of the endzone. When we held onto the ball they didnt do much at all. We had over 300 yards on the ground against them but kept giving it back. That's about it in a nutshell