South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

I think UC is the favorite they have everything SP has been known to struggle against in the past, power running game with a big line and big D..Either of these teams would be a great state champ but right now I think UC has the edge

Your exactly right, everything they struggled with in the PAST. I think these teams match up great. Should be a great game.

Then there were two...

It's been a long year, from Coach Grider stepping down last Dec, to the coach that was, then wasn't...to The Coach that IS, and he is one of our own.

This SP team has overcame a lot since then.

It started out with the long road trip to Bell Co Kentucky...the Pirates answered the bell.

Then came the Hixson Hiccup.

We welcomed back K.C. and the Sunshine band to Beene Stadium, we went to Grundy when they had their backs against the wall.

We went to The Swamp at Boyd, where they have The Hurricane Machine and Snakes on the field.

We then took on those Polk Co boys and came away victorious.

Then came that VandalGate mess...and we prevailed, winning another District Title.

So, we entered the playoffs with a #1 seed and first round bye.

Moore Co and the Multiple Trigger offense came to town, there were enough flags in that game, had the sun been out, it would have blotted it out...and we prevailed.

We then had The New Kids on the Block, The Tigers of Fayetteville, visit us at The Pitt.

Then we went on the road to Coalfield, which was pretty much everyone's preseason favorite to win it all this year, including Ambasstradamus himself...

...Well, we're still standing!

Boys, yall have overcame so much within the last year, and I for one want to say how much I'm proud of each and every one of you. Hats off to our outstanding Coach and the entire Coaching Staff at SP!! 

The ultimate prize, the goal of the State Championship is within reach!!

Then there were two...

SP vs UC

One More Time!! One Time!!

HOW ABOUT THEM PIRATES!!

GO PIRATES!!!!

Hey, I may be able to help you get back to work on time. What is flight time between Cookeville and Union City in a Tree Top Plane? Another question, can you sky dive ?

Purple Gold Standard, I would suggest not getting in the plane and flying with pegleg. He has his planed parked near Griders championship sign coming into Chattanooga and it is nose down in the concrete. If you ever want to see your family again I would not advise it. You think im joking but im not.

I didn't pick against SP last night. As a matter of fact I haven't picked against them since last game of 2012. I might have said it would be tough to win or they would have their hands full, but haven't picked against them this year.

no but you never come out and say the Pirates are going to win. You can't please everyone on here.

Time to be honest about our Pirates. This team has been through more stuff than any ive seen around here. They have been doubted by everyone except real in the know fans. All you kept hearing is down year. Guess we can put that to rest. We've had a coward coach run off

How's his year going? Our team took a week off and got beat. Then the finger pointing started. We've had injuries, and suspensions and always had someone step up and take up the slack. We had that other team up the road and all their crap try to bring us down. We see how that worked out for them. We've had in fighting between players and more missed time. This team has been through the ringer tried to shoot themselves in the foot but some way always get the job done on Friday. My hats off too you guys. You got all my respect and as always the Pirates always got my love. No matter what happens you are back where your supposed to be, the title game. Some kind of down year.

Edited by MrLegit

Time to be honest about our Pirates. This team has been through more stuff than any ive seen around here. They have been doubted by everyone except real in the know fans. All you kept hearing is down year. Guess we can put that to rest. We've had a coward coach run off

How's his year going? Our team took a week off and got beat. Then the finger pointing started. We've had injuries, and suspensions and always had someone step up and take up the slack. We had that other team up the road and all their crap try to bring us down. We see how that worked out for them. We've had in fighting between players and more missed time. This team has been through the ringer tried to shoot themselves in the foot but some way always get the job done on Friday. My hats off too you guys. You got all my respect and as always the Pirates always got my love. No matter what happens you are back where your supposed to be, the title game. Some kind of down year.

Well said Legit!

http://youtu.be/f_ewAQpE2ok

Video of every Union City offensive play in order against Nashville Christian last Friday night.  

Kinda like loosing weight you know what to do it just so dam hard to do it.  This is what it is like to stop the UC veer option.  Easy and simple what needs to be done but so dam hard to actually do it, especially when you have kids that run it so well.  The key is to stop the Full Back dive.  Do that then the Veer option system is not as effective.  Easier said than done as #2 and #42 run it pretty dam good.  

http://youtu.be/f_ewAQpE2ok

Video of every Union City offensive play in order against Nashville Christian last Friday night.  

Kinda like loosing weight you know what to do it just so dam hard to do it.  This is what it is like to stop the UC veer option.  Easy and simple what needs to be done but so dam hard to actually do it, especially when you have kids that run it so well.  The key is to stop the Full Back dive.  Do that then the Veer option system is not as effective.  Easier said than done as #2 and #42 run it pretty dam good.  

No disrespect, but South Pitt will eat that up and spit it out.