Giles vs Fulton 4a Championship "The Rematch"

JAFO

A long season for hs athletes is brutal. I wish the TSSAA would take the first two in district and let them battle it out.  The Championship games should be over by no later than Thanksgiving weekend.  In my opinion no one was a looser this weekend. I hope to just enjoy the experience one day, and keep that in mind that some of us will coach a lifetime and not ever have the opportunity to win state.  God bless.

Congratulations Fulton! Slide em to the left and right to make room for another gold ball. You played every game with a target on your back, played through adversity when challenged, and went hushed the critics when the injuries made the headlines. Birds of a feather fly together…. hear that SPLO and DJ Grand mills… potential lyrics?

Go Falcons!

Hate to tell you but it will be a long, long time before Giles will make it deep into the playoffs.

Really, wow we are all so glad you are such an expert on Giles. Maybe you need to take a peek at your own. Fulton blew your butt off the feild as well. We all need more experts like you around, and while your diggin, dig out a piece of old popcorn stuck between that couch cushion you lay on. Expert, see you next season. Ha! long time..smh   :popcorneater:

It's hard to post on coacht during the game it was freezing out side.

Brutal. That wind would cut right through ya!

Giles get the Turnover bug when they play Fulton

Seems like it but credit the Falcons. They were well coached, in position, & made the plays

Giles County is not a good team. Congrats Fulton...

Bite me..... :thumb:

Congrats on making it this far, you guys gave us all we wanted early. Ignore the "Fulton can't beat___" we all know that we could, next year 4A is wide open, we lose a lot of fire power. You guys will have a shot at the gold ball next year.

Thanks Bill. With Fulton's staff they'll reload. They were the best team we played this year bar none...

I shoulda knowed better than to doubt these Falcons.  Up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought they were unbeatable in 4a, then I doubted, and now they have proved that they are indeed unbeatable.  Congratulations to both teams.

Thanks Troll. We needed a couple of your earth movers last night!

Congrats to the Falcons on the Title and a great year.

Heads up Giles.  I watched the entire game on TV and you guys played with heart and class.  Great season to your coaches, players and fans.  Nothing ever to be ashamed of.  This game, nor any game, will ever define you as men.  That comes from within and from above.

Thanks ICM. No personal fouls for unsportsman like conduct. Kind words. Thank you.

Giles shouldn't have been there tonight. Trezevant would have been a much better match and game. Hats off to giles though. Weak playoff schedule and cought a great Memphis team looking ahead!

Trezevant was a great team with class and excellent coaching. We beat them. Pearl & White House were too. It's called a playoff. Study. Learn. Strive for something other than minimum wage....

Hate to tell you but it will be a long, long time before Giles will make it deep into the playoffs.

12 underclassmen on the field Saturday. More if you want to include special teams. 3 1st year seniors playing. Starting D-lineman in the ER at midnight Friday, Center on one leg, We lost 3 starters in preseason & one two weeks ago. So, go ahead and count us out. I'll get back with ya next December..... :thumb:

With the above being said it wouldn't have mattered. Fulton was not going to be denied. Giles has only one excuse for not winning the game. Fulton was the better team..... :ugeek:

6-4. If you asked anyone before the season that's the prediction you would most likely get, with maybe making it to the second round. 2013 cats you rose above everyone's expectations. Fulton all year was touted by most as the best team in the state and rightly so, but through the 3rd you had them wondering if it just might be Giles Co. Great season and its been an honor to be a fan and watching all the seniors and for the rest of you, we expect nothing less next year.

As an outsider and fan of neither team, let me just say that thanks for the hospitality from the fans of both sides. I sat one half on each side and both sides were pleasant and welcoming even through I was sitting by people who appeared to be at every game together.

As for the game, I was really impressed with both defenses. Giles Co's defense got put in so many bad positions by their offense it was only a matter of time before the lid was going to come off. I thought they did a really good job of containing Fulton for the first three quarters. The fact that the third ended 34-14 was largely because of turnovers.

Fulton's pass defense had HUGE holes in it but the qb from Giles was running for his life most of the game. There wasn't time for a double move and though fulton was jumping the short stuff and the deep stuff was open, it wasn't because the qb was dodging a black and maroon wall running at him. Fulton also sniffed out every screen showing they were disciplined enough to realize the difference and react. Probably the reason they have killed people all year.

Overall the best team in 4A won the championship and that is all you can hope for out of a playoff. Good season by both teams. From what I have heard/read Giles. Co overachieved and that is the true mark of character and effort. Fulton had the cards and played them well all year and were rewarded with a golden ball. My hat's off to both teams and fan bases.

Giles defense was fast point blank period. They will be back don't worry. Fulton was just destined to be the champs this year. While many think we will be rebuilding I think we will be right back in the mix. We got some big time play makers that are sophomores and juniors. But I will enjoy this one for a while. GREAT season by Giles and my Falcons.