Giles vs Fulton 4a Championship "The Rematch"

JAFO

I did not see Alcoa play this season so I cannot comment on their speed. But, the speed in 4A was heads and shoulders above the rest of the state...except for (possibly Alcoa). Maryville wins by superior coaching...as usual. However, I don't think Maryville got to play the best team in 6A. I can't disrespect Maryville, Alcoa, or...for that matter...Knox West, but for all the superlatives in the state the speed...and I do mean SPEED, is in 4A. Rollins is NFL fast and he did not touch the ball after the 2nd round. From what I saw Maryville nor the rest of the state could compete with the speed in 4A this season. Again, Alcoa not withstanding. Congratulations Fulton.

I usually enjoy reading your posts....not sure where this one came from though.  I would love to know who you thought was the best 6A team that Murvil didn't get to play.  Murvil is obviously the best 6A team in the state and IMO they played the second best 6A team in the state in the semifinals (Blackman).  Obviously, having speed helps any team there is no disputing that, but they call it a football game, so the opposition is not out there to see if their fastest guy is faster than your faster guy, that would be a sport called "Track".  So, while speed is a definite asset, I won't base my opinion on who had the fastest kid, I will base it on who had the better football team.....and from what I have seen in the playoffs, 4A is not the cream of the crop by a long shot.  But again, this is JMO.

Much respect to Fulton. They were definitely the best team in 4A this season.

I think the blowout can be contributed to what I have said has been the bane of this team all season, poor offensive playcalling. You can't be predictable and beat a great team. They knew when we were going to throw a screen and played it very well. we only have two, maybe three running plays, so there's that too....

Another thing that hurt us was some uncharacteristic, bad performance from some star players.

All in all, very proud of this team and can't wait until next year!

Just hope we can get an offensive coordinator by then.

I'm glad your proud Shadow, a regular Lou Holtz you are. Always something positive from you. I can't wait till next year either, to see Coach Walt continue to improve this team.

Edited by JAFO

I think the blowout can be contributed to what I have said has been the bane of this team all season, poor offensive playcalling. You can't be predictable and beat a great team. They knew when we were going to throw a screen and played it very well. we only have two, maybe three running plays, so there's that too....

Another thing that hurt us was some uncharacteristic, bad performance from some star players. 

Why dont you put your application in? Sometimes you gotta just roll with it man. Griping and complaining seems to be all some people do. You people need your own state to live in.

New quarterback, running backs, 4 linemen, and a new system. 51/49% ratio. Over 340 yards per game of offense. Over 2400 yards rushing alone with a 5.08 ypc. Over 31 ppg average against the 3rd toughest schedule in our division with 14 out of 15 teams we played going to the play-offs. All off of 2 or 3 running plays and predictable play calling. Yea lack-o-sunshine in a closet. Your breakdown and expertise of when we've got the ball puts us at a loss for words.... :rolleyes:

Kick back and wait on that new coordinator. I'll send ya a memo when it happens.....in about 20 years or so.... :thumb:

Well Bigguns it happens to the best of us. It was Fultons day.

I agree. Fulton was really good this year. Giles still had a great year. I would've loved to see Alcoa vs Fulton like they used to play. Great to have 3,4&6A Knoxville area schools bring home Gold Balls instead of privates. I'm just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

New quarterback, running backs, 4 linemen, and a new system. 51/49% ratio. Over 340 yards per game of offense. Over 2400 yards rushing alone with a 5.08 ypc. Over 31 ppg average against the 3rd toughest schedule in our division with 14 out of 15 teams we played going to the play-offs. All off of 2 or 3 running plays and predictable play calling. Yea lack-o-sunshine in a closet. Your breakdown and expertise of when we've got the ball puts us at a loss for words.... :rolleyes:

Kick back and wait on that new coordinator. I'll send ya a memo when it happens.....in about 20 years or so.... :thumb:

Listen here Dennis Miller, uhmm you know, you all seem to, you know, have your panties, you know, in a wad. Also, you know, 5 of the 11 playoff teams we beat, you know, had losing records despite, you know, making the playoffs. 

Our defense is a huge reason for that 31 ppg. They put our offense in great position all year. I'll give Smith that, he knows what he is doing defensively. You all seem to not understand that I'm just stating football thoughts on a forum designed for that. Hate that you all are to blind to see what I do. 

You really think we will have the current OC for 20 years? how often does that happen?

Listen here Dennis Miller, uhmm you know, you all seem to, you know, have your panties, you know, in a wad. Also, you know, 5 of the 11 playoff teams we beat, you know, had losing records despite, you know, making the playoffs.

Our defense is a huge reason for that 31 ppg. They put our offense in great position all year. I'll give Smith that, he knows what he is doing defensively. You all seem to not understand that I'm just stating football thoughts on a forum designed for that. Hate that you all are to blind to see what I do.

You really think we will have the current OC for 20 years? how often does that happen?

Rob Black has been the OC at fulton since 1992 lol head coach since 2011