Haywood Keeps Rolling

tomcatfan

I'm a SouthSIde fan and I'll tell you why no one is writing about Haywood... CPA will win the AA championship I do think Haywood has best chance of knocking off CPA but I don't see it happening.. SouthSIde played a decent game last year vs CPA and got beat by 20+

Yes, CPA is loaded but if you play hard & not make a lot of mistakes they can be beat! The key is to play a slow pace game & don't let them make it a track meet because they have a inside & outside game! The only TN team that stayed with in eight points was Brentwood High school who lost by eight, 57-49. BHS slowed the game down! In my opinion, Haywood has a better team then Brentwood & a deeper bench and could beat CPA! I live outside of Brentwood & have saw BHS play & so would say Haywood team is just as good as BHS! If, CPA is hitting those three pointers, they will be unstoppable due to them having a good inside game, slow them down & you got a chance but easy said then done!!!

Edited by 87vikingalumni

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, CPA is loaded but if you play hard & not make a lot of mistakes they can be beat! The key is to play a slow pace game & don't let them make it a track meet because they have a inside & outside game! The only TN team that stayed with in eight points was Brentwood High school who lost by eight, 57-49. BHS slowed the game down! In my opinion, Haywood has a better team then Brentwood & a deeper bench and could beat CPA! I live outside of Brentwood & have saw BHS play & so would say Haywood team is just as good as BHS! If, CPA is hitting those three pointers, they will be unstoppable due to them having a good inside game, slow them down & you got a chance but easy said then done!!!

I agree CPA can be beat, but slowing them down means you have to be able to score in the 1/2 court and get good looks. That is hard to do inside againstBlackwell and CPA will not let you just pass the ball around. Ensworth (not as good as Haywood) tried to slow it down and they turned the ball over by overpassing rather than taking the shot.

On missed shots, the track meet starts, so you better be able to score, or get back quick. if your guards penetrate, you become vulnerable as well.

How to beat CPA? Hope you shoot very well and they do not. That is how the team from Ga. beat them at Arby's.

Haywood is very impressive and I look forward to hopefully seeing them play CPA.

I agree CPA can be beat, but slowing them down means you have to be able to score in the 1/2 court and get good looks. That is hard to do inside againstBlackwell and CPA will not let you just pass the ball around. Ensworth (not as good as Haywood) tried to slow it down and they turned the ball over by overpassing rather than taking the shot.

On missed shots, the track meet starts, so you better be able to score, or get back quick. if your guards penetrate, you become vulnerable as well.

How to beat CPA? Hope you shoot very well and they do not. That is how the team from Ga. beat them at Arby's.

Haywood is very impressive and I look forward to hopefully seeing them play CPA.

Yes, Haywood is well coach & plays good half court offense and good team defense! They have good size, Varnado about 6'7 & several good shooting guards! I would love to see Haywood/CPA play, I think it would be a good game!!

Yes, Haywood is well coach & plays good half court offense and good team defense! They have good size, Varnado about 6'7 & several good shooting guards! I would love to see Haywood/CPA play, I think it would be a good game!!

I am guessing they will play, hopefully will end up in different brackets and make it a Finals game. One more thing. Better have some depth. CPA rotates 9 good players and 3 of the 4 off the bench can really shoot. They have over 210 3 pointers this year, so it is not just Allsmiller (he has 90). Good luck the rest of the season. Edited by sportsnerd

I am guessing they will play, hopefully will end up in different brackets and make it a Finals game. One more thing. Better have some depth. CPA rotates 9 good players and 3 of the 4 off the bench can really shoot. They have over 210 3 pointers this year, so it is not just Allsmiller (he has 90). Good luck the rest of the season.

Thanks, hopefully my Humboldt Vikings will make it back to the glass house to defend their title!! Haywood plays ten (10) kids & they beat Humboldt twice was just to big & had to much depth. Vikings kept it close for a half but didn't have enough to stay with Haywood the second hall but we are Single A so we want see a team that big & with depth like Haywood!

Thanks, hopefully my Humboldt Vikings will make it back to the glass house to defend their title!! Haywood plays ten (10) kids & they beat Humboldt twice was just to big & had to much depth. Vikings kept it close for a half but didn't have enough to stay with Haywood the second hall but we are Single A so we want see a team that big & with depth like Haywood!

I watched Humboldt play last year in the tourney. Very impressive team. Good luck.

Haywood is a good team because they complement each other very well. They just fit together like puzzle pieces and have that heart about themselves. They don't have any superstars per say, but Varnado is a very smart player which makes him even better. However with all that being said, CPA will beat them by 15-20+ also. It might sound hard to believe to some people, but I think they're going to be a lot of faithful Tomcats supporters stunned when it actually happens.

What you guys are not seeing is CPA, if we meet them, has got to play Haywood, we are not worrying about them, we have more games to play to get to that point. With that being said, when and if we meet we are not laying down, we been playing with each other since Jr. High, and I KNOW the guys are not going to let each other down. It will be fun to watch if both teams make it that far and TSSAA place it like that, but we still have work to do before we think about CPA.

I have seen 3 years straight how good CPA is. The only teams I see beating them in TN is White Station or Hamilton. These guys are so complete and very well coach

That maybe true, but all the guys on Haywood team are from Haywood, we are playing with the hand GOD gave us. With that being said , we want to play the best, so our kids can get better. It's about getting our kids to college so they can be successful, and if playing the best is what we got to do to prove that we belong with the best and that what we will do. Remember what ever happen to this point Haywood has had a great season, 23-0 to this point with more games to play. We are proud of our players and will be where they are, and if CPA in our way, we will deal with them no matter what, and they will have to play to beat us, just like we will have to play them. If it was easy, everybody would do it.