The Power Lies On The East side of the State

greengreen22

I don't remember anyone including ICM say CPA would whip Alcoa. I said the game would be closer than you guys thought and it was. But clearly Alcoa was the better team that night. Clearly you've been a great team for many years for a number of reasons including coaching, hard work, etc. i'm not taking that away. I'm just looking at statistical data that suggests the open

enrollment system helps an already strong program. If it was only 2-3 kids that didn't make an impact you could declare those kids ineligible and keep rolling but if it is as much as a third of the roster that lives OOZ or even as little as 5-10% then the multiplier should be applied. those kind of numbers make a difference if those kids are making plays.

CPA is a 1A school in population playing up to 3A because of the multiplier. We do not have numbers to avoid playing kids both ways. Every team we've played in 3A until Alcoa plays kids both ways. Alcoa had almost no one going both ways in the champ game. The difference in depth was obvious.

If 36% of your student population is OOZ then clearly some of those kids are playing sports and playing football. It gives Alcoa an advantage over smaller schools.

If you applied the multiplier I think Alcoa would be very competitive in 4A or 5A and probably still win championships. But the numbers of players on the rosters of both teams would be more in line.

I'm not whining or crying. I'm not hating. I have much respect for Alcoa. I'm trying to make a logical point. If i am wrong please Disprove my point with logic by disclosing the exact number of guys that play in the top 22 on each side of the ball that are OOZ. People close to that community know who lives there and who drives in. If it truly is only a few players and they did not make plays and you can prove it then you can put this to rest. But if you have starters on either side of the ball making plays zoned to another school then the multiplier should apply. It becomes an advantage when OOZ kids are starters or in the 2 deep.

I'm surprised more public schools that do not have open enrollment haven't brought this up before. Most of this board I've read targets private schools who have the multiplier.

There was 1 out if 12 teams in champ games that were private and that team lost. Seems like the open enrollment issue makes a bigger impact than private versus public. Treat open enrollment same as private. That's all I am saying.

Worthwhile discussion.

I would only agree to a multiplier for public schools for out of zone on 2 conditions. 1 would be prentage of students from out of zone. Would have to be 25% or higher. And 2, only if the draw kids outside the county. If a kid in East Hickman, wants to go to Hickman to play, see no foul. Now if that kid pays to cross lines and go to Fairveiw, that's diffrent.

There is NO diff, but they want you to think there is.  If it ever got out that half their team is OOZ, then that would mean their little championships won by their little players are worthless.

So you think that the championships that I was a part of are worthless huh??? I know for a fact that we all played both ways for those, thank you very much Mr. Sorbet

Way I see it is like this. All D-1 colleges have same amount of players and schoolarships. Same rules of recruitment. Facilities, coaches, tradition varies. You will never make hs ball equal with the same amount of players and passion. No multipler can do that. But if truley 36% are oor, that is extreme. Maybe a x1.8 for that high of %.

Way I see it is like this. All D-1 colleges have same amount of players and schoolarships. Same rules of recruitment. Facilities, coaches, tradition varies. You will never make hs ball equal with the same amount of players and passion. No multipler can do that. But if truley 36% are oor, that is extreme. Maybe a x1.8 for that high of %.

Pull all the ooz players and you would have the same starting line up. Ha. Yea.

For all the people who support private schools but don't like the multiplier,or think its unfair. There is a place that you can feel at home. Its called division ll. You even have a choice.You can play with no scholarship players and go play webb every year,or you can go with giving out scholarships and buy yourself a private gold ball. ALCOA is not the only school who lets students have the freedom of choice of where they would like to attend school. ALCOA has to charge them something to attend the school,because their parents do not pay city taxes. I pay both city and county taxes every year,but I live in the city. Since I pay both county and city taxes that are both equal each year. That means that I can send my kid to any county school I want too,even though I live in the city. Correct? Why can't kids go to the school they want and let their parents pay those taxes that they would pay as if they lived there. For those about to bark out that ALCOA recruits those players and pays their tuition. I say go prove it,or shut up!

Edited by MrTwister

Maybe ((1.8 x number of OOZ students)+In Zone Students). ? Wouldn't make much of a difference except in instances where there are a lot of OOZ students.

For all the people who support private schools but don't like the multiplier,or think its unfair. There is a place that you can feel at home. Its called division ll. You even have a choice.You can play with no scholarship players and go play webb every year,or you can go with giving out scholarships and buy yourself a private gold ball. ALCOA is not the only school who lets students have the freedom of choice of where they would like to attend school. ALCOA has to charge them something to attend the school,because their parents do not pay city taxes. I pay both city and county taxes every year,but I live in the city. Since I pay both county and city taxes that are both equal each year. That means that I can send my kid to any county school I want too,even though I live in the city. Correct? Why can't kids go to the school they want and let their parents pay those taxes that they would pay as if they lived there. For those about to bark out that ALCOA recruits those players and pays their tuition. I say go prove it,or shut up!

i dont think anyone is saying anyone pays for a student to attend Alcoa.  I think the point is more that if you pay to attend a school, not matter the amount, its sorta the same as being private. Now if Blunt had no zoing in the county and any county kid could pick and choose schools, as long as there was capacity, soft zoned, thats seems ok with me. But when u cross a line to attend and have to pay....I dont see much if anything diffrent than private schools. And I think all pay to attend schools should play in private school divisons weather they recruit or not. No way to tell who pays or dont for a particular kid.