Best in Northeast Tennessee

JohnnyMox

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During that last meet from what I heard Hampton didn't have non of there football players and the valentine kid was playing with a ankle injury no saying they would beat the hill but I'm saying it would be within 15 and science hill hasn't shot as well since that first game

Uh. SH was also missing 3 of their starters, Malik McGue, Ian Martin and Aaron Adams. So, had they played, the score would've been worse.

The only teams in your area that have a chance at state right now are Hampton and possibly Jefferson County. Science Hill will not beat the Knox area teams like Oak Ridge and Maryville. Halls beat them and they are barely a top ten team in Knox. Hampton has the best chance if they can get past Grace or Meigs. Saw Unicoi this week at Bearden and they are decent but can't beat Fulton, CAK, etc.

I agree I watch Jeff County a lot since im from the area and they are a very good team, have good wins and the only losses are Siegel ( undefeated ) Oak Ridge ( speaks for themselves) and a team from Bahamas, have wins over Sevier County Dobyns Bennett Karns and Halls, Karns is 13-2 and one of the best teams in Knoxville, So I consider Jeff the second best team in the Knoxville area and even east tennessee 

The three players missing from Science Hill are not contributing a lot on the offensive end. Songster is a great shooter, but I don't think they would go undefeated in the Three River or Watauga Conference as they are in the Big 7 conference. The balance of power is changing

McGue and Martin typically score about 10 a piece each game. There have been a few games lately where Martin has scored more. McGue is a better defensive player, probably the best defender SH has. He draws the defensive assignment of every teams best player. The Toppers are playing pretty good ball right now. They beat Knox Webb, who is one of the best teams in Knoxville. They gave Oak Ridge all they could handle and anyone who has seen Oak Ridge play will tell you they are one of the best teams in East TN and will probably have a good showing at the state tournament in March. They also played a very, very good team from California very tough yesterday and almost came out with the W. SH has played/is playing a much tougher level of competition than say, Hampton or Elizabethton.

Edited by AlumnI01

Don't get me wrong they are a pretty good little team and have had some good wins, but when they have have gotten beaten they have gotten beaten soundly. I'd still put my money on SH in a rematch lol Halls will play lights out one game then get drummed albeit by pretty good teams, but they aren't real consistent. But, that's beside the point here.

Edited by SweetScience