Hampton Bulldogs Basketball

fieldsaj1

I read a post earlier post by a Hampton faithfull saying watch out for the Bulldogs..I've been hearing some good things about the dogs..Yall could actually finish 5th or 6th in 14a this year but I promise u would never get to the glass house in 14a..And Cloudland would be a warm up game..No disrespect to either school but it is what it is..I'm sure yall and GP will be their at Borro..Ill watch u guys play don't worry.. If Hampton wins the state title ill eat crow..It taste like chicken. .lol

I read a post earlier post by a Hampton faithfull saying watch out for the Bulldogs..I've been hearing some good things about the dogs..Yall could actually finish 5th or 6th in 14a this year but I promise u would never get to the glass house in 14a..And Cloudland would be a warm up game..No disrespect to either school but it is what it is..I'm sure yall and GP will be their at Borro..Ill watch u guys play don't worry.. If Hampton wins the state title ill eat crow..It taste like chicken. .lol

lol, no disrespect taken. We know that District 14 has been the elite district in single A for a number of years. You have my respect. Three years ago (2011), we did give Lake County a very competitive game though in the semi-finals, arguably their toughest win in the state tourney that year. This years Hampton team is right at that level. I was highly impressed with Lake County's Coach Barger. I loved the passion and energy that she coached with. Is she still Lake County's coach?

Edited by dogtruth

lol, no disrespect taken. We know that District 14 has been the elite district in single A for a number of years. You have my respect. Three years ago (2011), we did give Lake County a very competitive game though in the semi-finals, arguably their toughest win in the state tourney that year. This years Hampton team is right at that level. I was highly impressed with Lake County's Coach Barger. I loved the passion and energy that she coached with. Is she still Lake County's coach?

The game between Hampton and LC in '11 was a very good game and LC's speed and length kept us from getting on a roll...I respect LC's coaching (I hope she's still there) and the attitude & discipline of her players...I told my boy (the night before) that that game was for the ball and everyone knew it.

As for the poster saying we would be no better than 5th of 6th in Dist-14 and no way make it to the glass house is another way of saying we (N.E. TN teams) really dont have a right to be there...I can see his point and Im not offended..The same was said about the '11 team....But, if he's correct, then LC should have beat us by 30 or more in '11.

Fact is, this year's Hampton team (as the '11 team) played some tough-talent to prepare them for post season and dist-14 caliber teams. The west did not present us with anything we had not seen in '11 and I doubt we'll be in aww should we make it down this year.

Hampton's '11 team had a crap load of heart and talent but relied too much on a couple of players...and the coaching style was WAY different than we have now....This year's team may well have more "overall" talent and the chemistry looks good so far...If I prove to be correct, the 'boro will see a Hampton team easily comparable to single-A teams from Dist-14.

Hey I hope u guys get their and compete I really do..I hate going to borro and watching blow outs come from the East..I remember in 06 I Think..that Cosby was ranked number 1 in the state like 33 and 0 and had to play Humboldt in 1st round..I believe Cosby got blowed out by 40 or something. .BUttt..Humboldt got beat by Grace Christian in the next round..It was a shocker! Lol

Hey I hope u guys get their and compete I really do..I hate going to borro and watching blow outs come from the East..I remember in 06 I Think..that Cosby was ranked number 1 in the state like 33 and 0 and had to play Humboldt in 1st round..I believe Cosby got blowed out by 40 or something. .BUttt..Humboldt got beat by Grace Christian in the next round..It was a shocker! Lol

Yep, I remember that year well. Hampton actually played Cosby in the sub-state game. Cosby was on fire. They hit 16 three pointers against us lol. However at the glass house Cosby could not throw it in the ocean (If I remember, Cosby only made 1 three pointer and missed about 25 in the game against Humboldt) You live by the three you can also die by it. Cosby had a great team that year, however, if you have a poor shooting performance at the state level, you are usually 1 and done. Cosby was much better than they showed that day.

I had a very good seat for that one. They had an all state post player the we had scouted and were prepared for but the games we saw they didn't shoot that well. But we played them at their place and they hit like 16-21. We would defend one and another would start hitting. Most of those were 3 ft behind the three point line. Lol. Then I went to the boro to watch em and they couldn't hit the Broad side of a barn. Made me sick. We would have beat em by 20 if they would've shot like that.

Edited by tootiedwc