1A VS Bigger schools........

Rustynail

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest thomas45

I played for Mccallie and Im sorry to say that your wrong.They (South Pitt. 98&99) beat us by 2 touchdowns in a scrimmage and we only got beat that year by MBA. Im not saying they were the best but they could have played with ANYBODY in the state. South Pitt. knows how to play real football maybe not in these recent years but the two years we played them they was a machine. Our coach made the statement he was glad he did not have to play them in the regular season. OH YEAH WE WON IT IN 2001, US AND RIVERDALE WAS RANKED THE BEST IN THE STATE.

I cant blame higher classifications for not playing many samller schools just because all the pressure would be on them.

Guest thomas45

I SURELY HOPE U REALLY DONT WRITE IN THE PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLOUDLAND COME ON BEST IN THE STATE 1-5 YOUR INSANE!! BEAN WHATEVER ISNT VERY GOOD! I WOULD LIKE TO SEE CLOUDLAND PLAY EVEN TYNER, THAT WOULD BE HILARIOUS!

Guest silverman13

Why does Hampton have to play Cloudland 2 times in one season. I know why, because the the big teams won't play Cloudland. I know of 3 Class 3A and 4A teams(I won't mention their names) that are in the playoffs and that Cloudland has asked to play and they all 3 declined the opportunity to play. They declined because they KNOW that Cloudland will beat and probably destroy them if they had the chance. And they don't want to see their "big daddy" 4A teams get crushed by "little" 1A team.

In any given year, Schools from smaller classifications could compete with larger schools. All runs in cycles. The reason 1a-2a couldn't compete on a regular basis is the sheer # of students to pick from.

It's easy to argue in this venue that your team could compete. If you really thought you could compete year in and year out, then move up to 3a or 4a and play. There is no TSSAA bi-law that says you can't.

Some of you can't even win a state championship in your own division, but you think you could compete with Overton or Hillsboro. That is probably the funniest thing I've ever read.

So step up to the plate. Prove yourself so I don't have to read this pathetic dribble from a bunch of wanna bees!Call your school. DEMAND TO MOVE UP A COUPLE OF CLASSIFICATIONS.Compete with the big boys.

The most gutless of all these teams are the alphbet teams.

You have certain advantages,but you hide in 1a because your school is small! What a joke!!!

I can respect a Trousdale county. They don't have to compete in 3a, but they choose to. Be glad they do because none of you could beat that 3a team!

I have seen firsthand when a program has to move up a classification because of school size. In 3a, we were normally not really challanged until the 3rd round of the playoffs. In 4a, we see good athletes on every team, even the teams with poor records. We still win, but instead of playing some3-7 team in the 1st round, we get a 9-1 team that finished 3rd in their region. We are 9-1 also. Please post who your 1st round game is against.

So quit whining or move up or, better yet SHUT UP!

The most gutless of all these teams are the alphbet teams.

You have certain advantages,but you hide in 1a because your school is small! What a joke!!!

Yankee Doodle Dandy,

What private school advantages are you talking about?

The entrance exams required to even get in the private schools?

Or the advantage of students maintaining a good GPA or risked being kicked out?

I just thought of another advantage of private schools. The ethical and character rules that are enforced or be kicked out.

Or what the about the advantage of having to charge students $5,000 a year to even set foot in the door?

Were any of those the advantages you were talking about?

Those are some great advantages of private schools! I bet publics wish they had those advantages as well!

Oh, wait a minute, my bad! Those are all DISADVANTAGES that private schools have!

[Edited by sportsfan0603 on 11-6-02 12:57A]

Everything you listed is a HUGE advantage to privates. I have no problem with any of that. They get the best and brightest. I think that is the American dream.

My problem is those who complain that there 1a school could compete day in and day out with bigger schools athleticly. If they believe this, then move up a classification.

I believe a private education is the best you can get. I love school choice. The alphabet schools are ahead of the curve academically. That's great. No problem. Just don't complain if you don't want to put your athletic abilities on the same level as your academics.

I believe this now belongs in the public- private board. See you there.

I fail to see how a school that charges thousands of dollars a year for its student to enroll has an advantage over a school that charges nothing at all to enroll.

A school that charges money or a school that charges nothing? A pizza place that charges for a slice or a pizza place that charges nothing for a slice? Who do you think has the advantage?

I do see how a school charging thousands of dollars a year would immediately eliminate the majority of people from ever attending in the first place...

All I am saying is that this is a definite disadvantage for private schools. Just admit to it. Private schools have disadvantages, too.

I'm done with this since this is a football board.

[Edited by sportsfan0603 on 11-6-02 2:09P]

This is to FRAdad, the only reason they got such good scholarships is because they dominate their league. Now that they are in collage they are getting their butts handed to them because thewy haven't played at a high level of football. And most of those scholarships come from the athletes grades also and some players in 5A are good enough to play D1 college football but they just don't have the grades. You do have a point about BA but they recruit there players and they always have a dominate team but don't even talk about CPA.