Alcoa would beat Fulton by 2 TDs

howdoitknow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we seriously still debating this???  Come on people!  Fulton and Alcoa both won state, and even if the game was played, it would not have affected either team in the postseason because they were both the best teams in their classes and they proved it. 

For anyone that missed out when I posted back in the summer, Alcoa didn't "back down" from Fulton, they boycotted Fulton because Jody Wright (Fulton's AD, on the TSSAA Board of Control) proposed Loudon's move from Alcoa's district to District 5.  What made Alcoa mad was that Jody did it behind their backs, so Alcoa (and all the other District 4 teams) didn't even know about it until after it happened and had no time to voice their opinion to the TSSAA.  As a result, all the teams in District 4 had to find 6 non-district games, and for powerhouses like Alcoa and CAK, that's a big challenge when everyone else is too scared to play you.

That's what happened.  Alcoa vs. Fulton 2013 would have been great, we can all agree there, but it didn't happen.  Both teams won state, so let's be happy :) 

Are we seriously still debating this??? Come on people! Fulton and Alcoa both won state, and even if the game was played, it would not have affected either team in the postseason because they were both the best teams in their classes and they proved it.

For anyone that missed out when I posted back in the summer, Alcoa didn't "back down" from Fulton, they boycotted Fulton because Jody Wright (Fulton's AD, on the TSSAA Board of Control) proposed Loudon's move from Alcoa's district to District 5. What made Alcoa mad was that Jody did it behind their backs, so Alcoa (and all the other District 4 teams) didn't even know about it until after it happened and had no time to voice their opinion to the TSSAA. As a result, all the teams in District 4 had to find 6 non-district games, and for powerhouses like Alcoa and CAK, that's a big challenge when everyone else is too scared to play you.

That's what happened. Alcoa vs. Fulton 2013 would have been great, we can all agree there, but it didn't happen. Both teams won state, so let's be happy :)

Great post and this is the real reason Alcoa refused to play them! If any Fulton fan doesnt admit this is the real reason, they dont stay up to date on thier staff. To say Alcoa is scared to play anyone after the schedules they have played in years past is absurd! Didnt we play Webb, CAK, Maryville, Greeneville, and Fulton the last couple years??? All of which were state champions in thier class???

dan77-No problem :thumb:

Deion24-Yep, Alcoa played a bunch of state champions.  Their 2011 schedule was one of the toughest I've seen anywhere (6A champ Maryville, at 3A semi Austin-East, at 4A champ Greeneville, at 3A champ CAK twice).  Add Division II-A champ Webb and at 4A champ Fulton to the schedule in 2012, which included a split with 3A champ CAK.  I just didn't want people to think Alcoa was scared.  I mean, come on people, Alcoa won 4 straight over Fulton by at least 20 points.  It speaks for itself.

Sorry, I tried to Quote you, but my computer is messed up. 

Let's open a new thread…. "My dad can beat up your dad". This is juvenile! Two state champions not content with celebrating their own championships… Let's polish our trophies and leave the jealousy to the teams that have already had their banquets. 

Go Falcons and congratulations to Maryville, Alcoa, Webb, and West!

Are we seriously still debating this???  Come on people!  Fulton and Alcoa both won state, and even if the game was played, it would not have affected either team in the postseason because they were both the best teams in their classes and they proved it. 

For anyone that missed out when I posted back in the summer, Alcoa didn't "back down" from Fulton, they boycotted Fulton because Jody Wright (Fulton's AD, on the TSSAA Board of Control) proposed Loudon's move from Alcoa's district to District 5.  What made Alcoa mad was that Jody did it behind their backs, so Alcoa (and all the other District 4 teams) didn't even know about it until after it happened and had no time to voice their opinion to the TSSAA.  As a result, all the teams in District 4 had to find 6 non-district games, and for powerhouses like Alcoa and CAK, that's a big challenge when everyone else is too scared to play you.

That's what happened.  Alcoa vs. Fulton 2013 would have been great, we can all agree there, but it didn't happen.  Both teams won state, so let's be happy :)

I don't really understand the logic of the boycott.  Loudon moved up to 4A with the last reclassification and moved to a different district as well; Stone Memorial moved up to either 4A or 5A and also moved out of District 4, but a new team was added to District 4, Catholic.  Granted, that's net one less team in the district, so Alcoa had to find 6 non-conference games instead of 5.  

I personally think that the TSSAA districts like District 4 are way too small and they need to reduce the number of districts and consolidate a bunch of them, but I suppose a bunch of coaches would scream bloody murder at that if they got put in the same district as Alcoa.  

But the logic behind this alleged boycott seems a bit...petty is a word that comes to mind.  "You made me have to go find another non-conference game so I'm NOT gonna give you a non-conference game I'm gonna make you go find somebody else to play and instead I'm going to play some non-TSSAA team from middle TN and presumably pay them money to travel to Alcoa (I'm assuming that happened because CAK certainly has had to pay gas money, etc., to get some of these teams from farther away to come for a game).  Yeah...that'll show YOU, Fulton AD!"  

I guess what I'm saying is...surely there has to be more to the story than Alcoa boycotting Fulton because its AD was on a TSSAA board along with several other people that reclassified and moved a bunch of schools and not just Loudon.  Is Alcoa boycotting any other school whose AD was on the TSSAA board, and how long is this boycott of Fulton going to last?

Alcoa fans, please don't jump on me for asking these questions.  I'm NOT hatin' on Alcoa.  This guy's post is the first time I've heard this explanation and it just raises a couple of extra questions in my mind.  CAK was affected by Loudon's move too...maybe CAK ought to boycott somebody.

Edited by Warriors2011