9-A News

ecu

Last year MC started five 8th graders a few times and this year will probably start 4 freshman and a senior

Saw them @ Riverdale this weekend.. Don't see them beating Community or MTCS. After those two I have no clue who will come next, even after seeing every district team in the last two weeks..... Should be a fun year!

Saw them @ Riverdale this weekend.. Don't see them beating Community or MTCS. After those two I have no clue who will come next, even after seeing every district team in the last two weeks..... Should be a fun year!

They don't match up well against community but I say they beat MTCS once because they match up so well. They beat them by 19 last year in district tourney with Mann playing very limited minutes due to foul trouble.

Edited by gwh

Fayetville also with two wins to start the season. Think that may match total wins last year or close. They must have improved? Saw that Community lost a couple to some really good teams. I just applaud them for stepping up and playing those games. W's and L's don't count at this time of the year like they will later on and they should be well prepared. The Process is more important right now.

Fayetville also with two wins to start the season. Think that may match total wins last year or close. They must have improved? Saw that Community lost a couple to some really good teams. I just applaud them for stepping up and playing those games. W's and L's don't count at this time of the year like they will later on and they should be well prepared. The Process is more important right now.

The Lady Tigers are now 3-0 after beating Culleoka Tuesday.  They'll get a face full of reality going up against AAA Coffee County tonight, but I think they'll be scrappy as always and might surprise a few folks tonight and the remainder of the year.  This year we have nine girls on the team, so we have some capable subs compared to last year with only six on the team.  We played very physical and so got into foul trouble, etc. last year.  Now we have some freshman girls starting and contributing, and a couple of sophomores.  Only lost one senior who graduated from the squad, so the core is there, and they seem to be playing as a unit.  Very aggressive and opportunistic.  IMO still need to work on "easy" layups on breakaways, make those and free throws and you can add another 15-20 points to the total, but overall the girls play a very exciting game to watch.  The future is bright for Coach Dye's girls, seems like had to suffer a few years with growing pains.  Might make a noise when district play begins, or at least scare a lot of the top teams.  Time will tell, but I completely agree with you gwh, this is when the team starts learning how to play together and set the tone for the season.

The Lady Tigers are now 3-0 after beating Culleoka Tuesday. They'll get a face full of reality going up against AAA Coffee County tonight, but I think they'll be scrappy as always and might surprise a few folks tonight and the remainder of the year. This year we have nine girls on the team, so we have some capable subs compared to last year with only six on the team. We played very physical and so got into foul trouble, etc. last year. Now we have some freshman girls starting and contributing, and a couple of sophomores. Only lost one senior who graduated from the squad, so the core is there, and they seem to be playing as a unit. Very aggressive and opportunistic. IMO still need to work on "easy" layups on breakaways, make those and free throws and you can add another 15-20 points to the total, but overall the girls play a very exciting game to watch. The future is bright for Coach Dye's girls, seems like had to suffer a few years with growing pains. Might make a noise when district play begins, or at least scare a lot of the top teams. Time will tell, but I completely agree with you gwh, this is when the team starts learning how to play together and set the tone for the season.

That's good to hear because 9A is going to be a rough district to play in for several years to come. I am interested in hearing how Huntland looks this year. Have you heard anything about them.