9-A News

ecu

1. Community

Huntland and MTCS will play Monday for the 2 and 3 seed

Moore County and Forrest will the 4 or 5 seed

Eagleville and Fayetteville will be the 6 or 7 seed

Looks kind of like the Huntland girls surprised some people this year. Good luck to all in the district tournament.

Does Monday really matter? If they are tied wouldn't MTCS be the 2nd seed since they beat Community?

No it's not a "great" feeling. It is a normal feeling. Huntland is better than MC so it don't feel "great" to beat people you are better than. Smh. If MC beats Huntland it would be an upset but upsets happen.

If those girls at MC and the coach sticks around Huntland is not going to want any piece of them in a few years. Hats off to Huntland this year. I guess you expected this but myself and many others did not. I do not know the coach very well but he is getting a lot out of those girls. Hopefully we will get one more shot at you this year but beating a team like Forrest three times in one year is a tall order. Also congrats to MTCS for giving Community one district loss this year. I for one have enjoyed watching all the 9A teams this year and wish everyone success in regions.

No it's not a "great" feeling. It is a normal feeling. Huntland is better than MC so it don't feel "great" to beat people you are better than. Smh. If MC beats Huntland it would be an upset but upsets happen.

If my team beats someone for the first time since 2004, it would definitely be a great feeling. I don't care if you are so superior to them or not, I would still appreciate ending a 21 game losing streak according to Coacht records. Enjoy the wins!

it has not been normal for ya to beat Moore Co

Edited by wingman10

Huntland isn't so superior. That's never been the frame of mind here, unlike some places.

Yes, MC has had success against us for many years. I believe there is a some new young teachers and coaches at our school that are talking to our athletes about what it takes to be successful. We have some really good ball players at the school right now and that helps as well.

Ecu, just tracking games via coacht doesn't paint the entire picture. These 2 groups of girls (except for the girl that Slatten recruited from Coffee County) at Huntland and MC have played against each other more than what is recorded on coachT. Huntland has had success in those games.

It's been a fun year and both of these communities and schools are great places with great people. I've enjoyed the conversations this year. Good luck to MC.

Huntland isn't so superior. That's never been the frame of mind here, unlike some places.

Yes, MC has had success against us for many years. I believe there is a some new young teachers and coaches at our school that are talking to our athletes about what it takes to be successful. We have some really good ball players at the school right now and that helps as well.

Ecu, just tracking games via coacht doesn't paint the entire picture. These 2 groups of girls (except for the girl that Slatten recruited from Coffee County) at Huntland and MC have played against each other more than what is recorded on coachT. Huntland has had success in those games.

It's been a fun year and both of these communities and schools are great places with great people. I've enjoyed the conversations this year. Good luck to MC.

P

Please get your facts straight. There was no girl recruited to Moore country. In fact the girl you are referring to was going to a small Christian school at the time. Her parents wanted her to get away from some of the issues and drama in Manchester. After spending a year at that school, her parents wanted her to return to public school without returning to the same group of friends at Coffee co. That's why she enrolled at Moore.

So when was the last time Huntland had beaten MC? The two teams match up very well this year. Glad to see Huntland doing so well! Good luck in tournament.