9-A News

ecu

Not sure what improvements you are looking for. Restrooms are in the main entry way now. Otherwis it is the same gym it has been for at least the past 40 years. Hard to get a new state of the art gym when a multimillion dollar high school has just been built a few years ago in the same county. Plus Huntland only has about 230 9 thru 12. School board not in a hurry for improvement. We have plenty of seating, great food in the concession stand, and plenty of room for parking. Definitely not the worst gym in the district. Come on out and see us Friday night.

Not sure what improvements you are looking for. Restrooms are in the main entry way now. Otherwis it is the same gym it has been for at least the past 40 years. Hard to get a new state of the art gym when a multimillion dollar high school has just been built a few years ago in the same county. Plus Huntland only has about 230 9 thru 12. School board not in a hurry for improvement. We have plenty of seating, great food in the concession stand, and plenty of room for parking. Definitely not the worst gym in the district. Come on out and see us Friday night.

Only disagree with the great food part, other than that, right on!

Varo, sorry you didn't enjoy the food. We have tried to upgrade. Only all beef hotdogs, puzza, homemade chili, baked potatoes occasionally and nachos. We are limited to only Pepsi product due to them donating the scoreboard. We also stock Gatorade for the players unlike some concessions and try to keep the windo open for kids to get something to eat on the way home since most of the bus will not stop on the way home.

not looking for any..just asking if they had made any

Varo, sorry you didn't enjoy the food. We have tried to upgrade. Only all beef hotdogs, puzza, homemade chili, baked potatoes occasionally and nachos. We are limited to only Pepsi product due to them donating the scoreboard. We also stock Gatorade for the players unlike some concessions and try to keep the windo open for kids to get something to eat on the way home since most of the bus will not stop on the way home.

No, no, let me apologize Hornet1.  I was at Huntland last Friday and Moore Co. Tuesday.  I got a hot dog, water, and popcorn at each.  It was Moore's hot dog that was cold and obv. prepared way earlier in the afternoon.  The lady "trying" to fill the popcorn bags hardly put a scoop full into the bag, not even enough to expand the folds at the bottom of the bag.  Had to open it up and she grudgingly put more in.  It was the complete opposite at Huntland.  Very friendly kids/parents working and everything was good.  If you go to enough of these games, concession food is all you have time to get, and usually it's not good.  In the two or three years we've been coming to watch our Tigers play, Huntland's concession stand is among the best for what they offer.  I think it's MTCS that gives a HUGE bag of popcorn, but it's been popped like the day before.  Tonight at Fayetteville, we will have fresh grilled hamburgers and hot dogs available for those Community fans coming to watch the girls and then the boy's game.  Sorry about the confusion, I had a brain food fart.