9-A News

ecu

GWH, our sportswriter isn't much over 23 so I doubt he has been covering games for 23 years. That must be from the Moore County writer.

I wish all the 9A teams good luck in the regional tourney and safe travels to all teams.

I would not count Huntland or Moore County out of the first round of regions just yet. They are both young teams who are learning and play with heart.

I knew that I could get on here and find that a MC fan would be blaming their loss on the refs. It was clear the whistle had blown and he was waving the ball dead before the girl even caught the ball at the 3 point line. If the 3 hadn't of went in and the ref hadn't have give her the time out MC fans would be complaining about that. Always have to find fault. The game was called like all high school games. Not perfect. It sure wasn't called one sided. Saw some crazy calls on both sides but that's part of the game. The girl made a mistake and called a time out. It happens.

I knew that I could get on here and find that a MC fan would be blaming their loss on the refs. It was clear the whistle had blown and he was waving the ball dead before the girl even caught the ball at the 3 point line. If the 3 hadn't of went in and the ref hadn't have give her the time out MC fans would be complaining about that. Always have to find fault. The game was called like all high school games. Not perfect. It sure wasn't called one sided. Saw some crazy calls on both sides but that's part of the game. The girl made a mistake and called a time out. It happens.

I guess four and ones called on the floor were right too. That's probably 12 point swing. The whistle was blown after the shots everytime Brian love is a joke of a ref. Even people there scouting players commented on how poor the refs were. Not one call took points off the board for Huntland. heck even the announcer said and one then had to correct himself twice. When refs have to sneak out a side door there is a guilty conscience. They know what they did and any knowledgable basketball fan knows what went on. I know what went on. Need to investigate this Brian love and look for possible connections.

GWH, the announcer also announced that Huntland was Huntsville the first night of the tourney so he might not be one to turn to for reasoning of a call.

When you watch basketball as much as he does, being at every home game, you develop a sense of how the game should be called. Eight points came off the board for Moore co. That is enough to change any game and frustrate everyone involved. There are some great pictures out there of what they called on the floor. It's laughable.

Here is what your sports writer wrote:

@EkhSports: RT @TheMooreCoNews ->@EkhSports ... One of the worst called games I have seen in 23 years of covering basketball.

That is your sports writer. Huntland beat yall 3 times. Coach better next time from the stands, prepare, work hard this summer and yall might be able to get them next year. Its funny how people make excuses when Huntland beats them. Football now Basketball. SMH

GWH, I find what you say pretty laughable as well. Seriously 8 points. Every team could say every call that went against them when on offense took points off the board. I understand your upset. Your daughter made a mistake and called time out. Move on and quit blaming. If a whistle I'd blown whatever and you score after that it wasn't taken away from you. You never had it!

When you watch basketball as much as he does, being at every home game, you develop a sense of how the game should be called. Eight points came off the board for Moore co. That is enough to change any game and frustrate everyone involved. There are some great pictures out there of what they called on the floor. It's laughable.

First of all Huntland does not have a sportswriter. Evan Harris is from Winchester, not Huntland. He is barely 23, so I highly doubt he has that much experience writing sports columns.

Look bud. I grew up in Moore County, graduated from Moore County and played ball for Moore County. I know all too well how passionate fans are from there. I have shed blood, sweat and tears for Moore County. I have broken my own bones on that legendary football field. I love a lot of people that call Moore County home. I have family that live in Moore County. You can ask anyone about the passion I have for that school. My class lost a heart breaker in 1996 to Lake County by 1 point that still haunts me to this day, so this isn't some random response from someone that does not know anything about how people there feel.

We use to demolish teams when I was in school. We did take a few losses as well though. With that being said, I have yet to see a "real" Moore Countian so much as make one excuse about the game in multiple places like this. You win some you lose some. If you don't realize where you are, let me inform you please, because you are obviously not well versed on how MC people handle a loss and are representing them in a negative light.

Moore County is a very special place full of tradition and winning history. They practice hard, play hard and are serious about winning, very serious. MC has parents that are very active with the youth and preach relentless pursuit of excellence. What they do not do is whine. They never have and never will. They never complain in the manner that has been shown these past few hours on various social media platforms. You know what they do? They go back and get better. They go back and get back on the grind and improve. They take losses with the wins. They band together and fight. The Moore County that I remeber and helped build, never has showed such public display of poor sportsmanship. I do not see any "real" Moore County people doing this. I know it was a tough loss and I have never seen a perfectly called high school game. But what you are doing concerning the refs and such is something I have NEVER seen a "real" Moore County person do. They've never stooped to this level. Moore County is and always will be better than that. All this coming from a "real" Moore County Alumni.

First of all Huntland does not have a sportswriter. Evan Harris is from Winchester, not Huntland. He is barely 23, so I highly doubt he has that much experience writing sports columns.

Look bud. I grew up in Moore County, graduated from Moore County and played ball for Moore County. I know all too well how passionate fans are from there. I have shed blood, sweat and tears for Moore County. I have broken my own bones on that legendary football field. I love a lot of people that call Moore County home. I have family that live in Moore County. You can ask anyone about the passion I have for that school. My class lost a heart breaker in 1996 to Lake County by 1 point that still haunts me to this day, so this isn't some random response from someone that does not know anything about how people there feel.

We use to demolish teams when I was in school. We did take a few losses as well though. With that being said, I have yet to see a "real" Moore Countian so much as make one excuse about the game in multiple places like this. You win some you lose some. If you don't realize where you are, let me inform you please, because you are obviously not well versed on how MC people handle a loss and are representing them in a negative light.

Moore County is a very special place full of tradition and winning history. They practice hard, play hard and are serious about winning, very serious. MC has parents that are very active with the youth and preach relentless pursuit of excellence. What they do not do is whine. They never have and never will. They never complain in the manner that has been shown these past few hours on various social media platforms. You know what they do? They go back and get better. They go back and get back on the grind and improve. They take losses with the wins. They band together and fight. The Moore County that I remeber and helped build, never has showed such public display of poor sportsmanship. I do not see any "real" Moore County people doing this. I know it was a tough loss and I have never seen a perfectly called high school game. But what you are doing concerning the refs and such is something I have NEVER seen a "real" Moore County person do. They've never stooped to this level. Moore County is and always will be better than that. All this coming from a "real" Moore County Alumni.

Pointing out ridiculous calls is not whining. Horrible calls were made numerous times and by the same guy. I am just stating the facts. It's pretty bad when before the game people mention oh no he is here we are in trouble. I will not tolerate refs that do not call a fair game. Yes of course there will be some missed calls but what happened on Saturday was crazy. If you have to sneak out the back door something is wrong. If you fault me for calling it out then that's your choice and to be honest I could care less. I just know what I watched and the girls worked way to hard to have some bone headed ref take it away from them. Yes when a game is called that bad I will let everyone know about it because I have a backbone. I will fight tooth and nail to make sure the girls are treated fairly. Sorry if that offends your "real Moore county alumni" tradition.

GWH, I find what you say pretty laughable as well. Seriously 8 points. Every team could say every call that went against them when on offense took points off the board. I understand your upset. Your daughter made a mistake and called time out. Move on and quit blaming. If a whistle I'd blown whatever and you score after that it wasn't taken away from you. You never had it!

The points taken off the board went through the net. Then the foul called on the floor after the fact. I have watched, and coached the game and I whole heartedly believe there was something going on. One or two really bad calls I can live with, 10 I cannot

Evan Harris never said what you accused him of, he simply retweeted what the Moore County News Tweeted. Which is a little biased but understandably so.

I wish MC well against Houston Co. They are beatable. Especially with a talented team like MC has. Hopefully MC and Huntland meet again before this season is over. 2 great communities with passionate fans and great players. I just try to keep it all in perspective. It's a kids game, let's not ruin it for our youth by putting our own feelings and pride into. It's not about us, it's about them. They have enough on their shoulders as student athletes, no need in adding more stress to their lives. I believe in teaching them to be strong minded when things don't go the way you think they should or even if you feel like you've been cheated. That's one thing that I can see from this generation, we haven't done our jobs as parents to just look at our own children and simply say, "Life is unfair and things will not always work out in your favor, it's what you do in those moments that build character make you a competitor."