Very early 5A Preseason Top 5 for 2014

HighLife

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you bounder and you too SS. here's my list for next year.

1. West (they have more returning than HC)

2. Henry County

3. Ooltewah

4. Memphis East

5. Ridgeway

6. Oak Ridge

7. Rhea County

8. Cleveland

9. Hillsboro

10. Gallatin

This looks like a good pre-season poll.  You have to go with West and HC at the top since they played in the Championship Game.  However, this person must know that Ooltewah is loaded with talent!  Their upcoming JR class is legit!!!   and the upcoming Senior class is good as well. 

This looks like a good pre-season poll.  You have to go with West and HC at the top since they played in the Championship Game.  However, this person must know that Ooltewah is loaded with talent!  Their upcoming JR class is legit!!!   and the upcoming Senior class is good as well. 

Ooltewah and Cleveland will be very good and should grace the top 10 all year long. Rhea Co. will also be there in the end. Oak Ridge will be a very good team also. Knox West and Henry Co. will be your top 2 thru out the year. East Hamilton will have talent but it will be with no experance at the varsity level, will they get better as the year moves forward? Canes with lack of experance and a schedule that includes Riverdale and kingsport DB both will be better next year could have some growing pains. I would say there next big season will be 2015 and they will be loaded. But in the end know body really knows.

From what I hear about the upcoming Middle school kids for next couple of years and an undefeated freshmen team, Oak Ridge will be back quick. All hinges on a great staff (on paper) mixing together, off season program, offensive and defensive system that uses their talent (and they are talented with numbers), and early success. 

Also the plants are going through change of contract.  if you notice there are a bunch of new businesses opening up and a lot of houses being built. So what I know about government communities Oak Ridge is getting ready for another boom. What my dad says about Oak Ridge in the past was they always found some great football player to move in during the 60's and 70s.

A quick rundown of what Hillsboro has returning for the 2014 Season.

Defensively they return all 4 starting DLineman, which weigh in 250,265,260,330, one of whom in K. Phillips is an absolute monster. 3 LB's, and 2 DB's..

Offensively they return 2 WR, both playmakers who r around 6'2 -6'3. 4 Olineman, 1 in which Phillips plays as well. QB who is a 3 yr starter who stands around 6'1 210, and 3 RB's who all started at some point all year, 1 of which holds an offer from UK.

Craig Clayton, former Franklin High coach, has made the Burros relevant again, so Hillsboro will obviously be well coached. Barring injury, I expect to see Hillsboro play deep into November for the first time since '08.

5A will be a very entertaining class next year

On a side note, congrats to Henry County and Knox West on a great title game. Best of luck to all teams for a good offseason. Can't wait to crank it up again.

5A will run through Henry County and West again next year.  Highlife thanks for the update on Hillsboro.  You are obviously a coach for them or someone that has the Hillsboro media guide in front of them.  You sure know alot about them.  Best of luck to you