Wayne County 2014

wildcat89

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know about the boys y'all have that are getting the serious attention but what about the rest of the line and backs?

The O-line now has a junior (#54) that made the same leap (size-wise) that Givens made before his junior year.  Time will tell if he can be as good as Givens.

#57 (Jr., C) is a good one.  Played some as a freshman.

We have enough depth on the lines now that several guys that used to go both ways will be able to concentrate on just one side of the ball.  

#55 is a beast and just keeps getting better and better.  He's one that may move to D exclusively.  

Let me know after Friday what you think of #34.  He's a freshman and is already fighting for a starting spot at nose tackle.  He played in the backfield last year on the middle school team - imagine that.

Our other backs (#12, #21, #22) are obviously smaller than #35, but are quicker to the hole and will provide a different look.  #24 (FB) is a state wrestling finalist (first we've ever had) and very, very strong.

And keep an eye on #7 (WR/DB) - the most exciting player on the team.  He's short so offenses tried to pick on him all last year.  He made them pay big time.  Led the district in INTs.  And he'll have 6-7 punt/kickoff returns for TDs throughout the year.

You won't see it Friday night but you might in the playoffs........ the most impressive thing about the team to me is that we have 10-12 guys that will consistently score TDs throughout the season (WRs, TE, RBs, QBs).

Probably way more than you wanted to know but very curious to get your take after you see a little of the team Friday night.

Looking forward to Nashville Christian and Wayne Co,'s jamboree match-up this Friday, August 15 - 5:00 pm at Page High School in Franklin. NCS's run defense seems pretty solid so these big Wayne Co. backs you refer to better be prepared for some bone jarring hits. NCS's freshman nose tackle has the potential to be All-State this year if he keeps working hard. Should be a great barometer of where these two teams are at this early in the season. 

Physically, these backs i'm referring too will be ready to take or give these bone jarring hits everybody wants to see!  The thing I want to see out of WC is discipline on offense and defense!  That is what we have come up short on so far, but that comes with experience! This group of young men have the physical ability to be good, but they must improve mentally to become the team I believe they are capable of!

The O-line now has a junior (#54) that made the same leap (size-wise) that Givens made before his junior year.  Time will tell if he can be as good as Givens.

#57 (Jr., C) is a good one.  Played some as a freshman.

We have enough depth on the lines now that several guys that used to go both ways will be able to concentrate on just one side of the ball.  

#55 is a beast and just keeps getting better and better.  He's one that may move to D exclusively.  

Let me know after Friday what you think of #34.  He's a freshman and is already fighting for a starting spot at nose tackle.  He played in the backfield last year on the middle school team - imagine that.

Our other backs (#12, #21, #22) are obviously smaller than #35, but are quicker to the hole and will provide a different look.  #24 (FB) is a state wrestling finalist (first we've ever had) and very, very strong.

And keep an eye on #7 (WR/DB) - the most exciting player on the team.  He's short so offenses tried to pick on him all last year.  He made them pay big time.  Led the district in INTs.  And he'll have 6-7 punt/kickoff returns for TDs throughout the year.

You won't see it Friday night but you might in the playoffs........ the most impressive thing about the team to me is that we have 10-12 guys that will consistently score TDs throughout the season (WRs, TE, RBs, QBs).

Probably way more than you wanted to know but very curious to get your take after you see a little of the team Friday night.

How many players do you have?

The O-line now has a junior (#54) that made the same leap (size-wise) that Givens made before his junior year. Time will tell if he can be as good as Givens.

#57 (Jr., C) is a good one. Played some as a freshman.

#55 is a beast and just keeps getting better and better. He's one that may move to D exclusively.

Let me know after Friday what you think of #34. He's a freshman and is already fighting for a starting spot at nose tackle. He played in the backfield last year on the middle school team - imagine that.

Our other backs (#12, #21, #22) are obviously smaller than #35, but are quicker to the hole and will provide a different look. #24 (FB) is a state wrestling finalist (first we've ever had) and very, very strong.

And keep an eye on #7 (WR/DB) - the most exciting player on the team. He's short so offenses tried to pick on him all last year. He made them pay big time. Led the district in INTs. And he'll have 6-7 punt/kickoff returns for TDs throughout the year.

Thanks for the info. We are hurting for depth on the line and most will have to play both ways. Coach Rice has been working the young lineman hard trying to develope them into next years starters and some backup for this year. Our qb does a really good job reading the defense and is surrounded by several backs that do a really good job when they get the ball. It's hard to say who the most explosive is in the backfield, WC has a good mix of power and speed. If we don't meet Friday good luck this year and I'll be keeping an eye on y'all's season!

I think we are at 50 guys right now.

I think we have around 45 or 46 kids from what i have been told!  It's rare for a 1A school to have as many athletes as i've heard NCS has this year!  Congratulations i guess, most of our lineman and backs will have to play both ways all season and we just hope they all stay healthy enough to compete all season! If y'all are as good as advertised, UC better be as good as everybody keeps saying they are!  Good luck this season and we will see you friday!  "GO CATS"

Let us know who to pay attention to on WC. I'll be watching the Rice kid cause it's always fun for me to watch a coach's son run an offense. You can just tell they're smarter than most.

#7 and 14 but I'm not sure of Birchettes number. 33 and 15 will see several carries too. Edited by wildcat89

Physically, these backs i'm referring too will be ready to take or give these bone jarring hits everybody wants to see! The thing I want to see out of WC is discipline on offense and defense! That is what we have come up short on so far, but that comes with experience! This group of young men have the physical ability to be good, but they must improve mentally to become the team I believe they are capable of!

That's how I feel about this team. They have the size, speed, and strength. It'll come down to how mature they are when things go wrong and they have to fight not only the other team but refs and mistakes (I.e. Fumbles an such). You have to be mentally prepared for each game.