Wayne County 2014

wildcat89

I'll answer you over here, instead of in the Waverly thread wildcats89. As far as Wayne County is concerned, your running backs are some of the most physical I've watched this past year or two. 14 and 21 appear to look for contact and enjoy it. The QB does a great job of waiting to the last second to pull the ball out of the RB's arm's on the read as well. Offensively, I imagine if those three stay healthy, it will be a long night for most teams defenses.

Defensively, I know you guys are worried about the secondary, but if there is one thing we have right now, it is playmaker's at WR and RB. However, your pass rush was pretty strong. If the qb can't get time to throw, you can hide the secondary some. Last night, besides the screens and a quick hitter to #8 for a TD, which got called back, you never really saw us have a lot of time to sit in the pocket. The Qb was on the run.

I don't know how strong A ball is, as I watch mainly AAA and AAAA, but I have a hard time seeing you guys really struggling too much. Hopefully everyone stays healthy, and you guys can make a good run in the playoffs this year.

*Thought there was noticeable improvement from both teams since the spring.

Thanks for your observation, like alumni said it's always good to hear from someone besides our own.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the NCS scrimmage home or away?

This Friday WC travels to Davidson academy at 4:00 then next Friday WC travels to franklin page to scrimmage ncs for a half in a jamboree. WC had some work done to the field and some sod laid so they're having to stay off of it, that's why we traveled to Waverly last night.

You got any info on Davidson Acad.?

We played them last year.  Think the final was 51-7.  It was one of those where we had to put the brakes on in the second half.  They are not the powerhouse they were some years ago.  Number of guys on the team was way down.  May be different this year, but they had a couple of guys at skill positions that were very good.  After that it was pretty lean.