Wayne County 2014

wildcat89

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is they return almost all of there team. According to their roster they only had like 5-6 seniors, 2-3 were lineman; I am not sure if they all started though.

I was thinking CA returned most of their team.

To answer IMAWCFAN's question... There are three teams that make me nervous....CA, MtP, and Loretto. I feel like we'll beat Parsons and Hickman this year, but like I said. We won't know for sure until August 22.

Will the Aug. 15th scrimmage include all aspects? (i.e. full contact even in the kicking game) I can't remember if we did that in last year's final scrimmage or not.

A scrimmage is full contact but coaches never go all out like a real game....meaning the younger guys get a lot of work too, or at least that's how our coaches do it.

A scrimmage is full contact but coaches never go all out like a real game....meaning the younger guys get a lot of work too, or at least that's how our coaches do it.

Seems like our first couple of scrimmages last year were even less contact than that.  There was no blocking or tackling during punts, PATs, and kickoffs.  Maybe that's something the 2 coaches decided on ahead of time?

Edited by NCSdad1962

Seems like our first couple of scrimmages last year were even less contact than that. There was no blocking or tackling during punts, PATs, and kickoffs. Maybe that's something the 2 coaches decided on ahead of time?

Yeah, we have done that before too. I've been in some that we didn't even have punts or kickoffs. It was just 10 plays apiece, then switch sides. If I had to guess that's prolly what our coaches will want, because we still do that in most scrimmages if not all.

Seems like our first couple of scrimmages last year were even less contact than that. There was no blocking or tackling during punts, PATs, and kickoffs. Maybe that's something the 2 coaches decided on ahead of time?

Most of the time on extra points they line up and snap it with no blocking and tackling, a free kick I guess you could say