Wayne County 2014

wildcat89

They return the qb and receiver but I think lost some lineman

their money play is a high lob pass to the big receiver Thompson and just let him climb up and grab it cause he has a high vertical and great hands.  However, if you put a tall defender on him it will take that play away.  Collinwood did that to them in the second half and shut them on until a miracle drive in the last few seconds which would have never happened if Collinwood hadn't insanely kept four linebackers in the game and three dbs??????

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that would suck to have someone get injured on plays like that in a scrimmage.

A lot of your smaller schools that play a lot of players both ways put younger players in to get them on the field and to give the starters a breather so during the scrimmages it gives the younger players a live look as to where to line up and gives the kickers practice kicking over a line

their money play is a high lob pass to the big receiver Thompson and just let him climb up and grab it cause he has a high vertical and great hands.  However, if you put a tall defender on him it will take that play away.  Collinwood did that to them in the second half and shut them on until a miracle drive in the last few seconds which would have never happened if Collinwood hadn't insanely kept four linebackers in the game and three dbs??????

you can say that about any good receiver, problem is, why do you think the average college/pro corner is like 5'10?  bc the big guys *generally can't cover a **big receiver.  

*There is always someone, but not every team has it

**big can mean, tall, or plays big, either or

Edited by Monkey Wrench

Thompson went wild in the first half against a 5'6" guy. When6'3" Logan Montgomery switched to him in second half his production went Wayyyy down...what disgusts me is why in &*(*&(*) was a 5'6" put on Thompson in the first place???? Stuff like that equals a two win season, plus the horrible defensive tactics there at the end. Great game though, just feel like the wood was the better team and still managed to salvage a loss out of a great performance

Did anybody else look at the new classifications for 2015 season? It won't be district 11/12 anymore. Also, we won't be region 6. We'll be region 5A. Teams in the region: Wayne Co, Mount Pleasant, Columbia Acd, Collinwood, Perry Co, Cournersville, Richland, and Summertown. Loretto will be in region 6AA with Lewis Co, Adamsville, Camden, Decatur, Scotts Hill, Houston, and Waverly.

Potentially, I should say...

Edited by wildcatalumni

Did anybody else look at the new classifications for 2015 season? It won't be district 11/12 anymore. Also, we won't be region 6. We'll be region 5A. Teams in the region: Wayne Co, Mount Pleasant, Columbia Acd, Collinwood, Perry Co, Cournersville, Richland, and Summertown. Loretto will be in region 6AA with Lewis Co, Adamsville, Camden, Decatur, Scotts Hill, Houston, and Waverly.

Potentially, I should say...

Look like Loretto is catch heck with Adamsville and Lewis co

looks more of the same ol for wayne co teams...at least Collinwood will get a reasonable schedule again if this holds up

The T$$AA is trying to make more money. Making it easier to get into the playoffs so more teams can play thus having more games and raising the price of a ticket. It's all a design to help keep the organization in operation and give some money back to the schools. The only reason to change is for more money.

The T$$AA is trying to make more money. Making it easier to get into the playoffs so more teams can play thus having more games and raising the price of a ticket. It's all a design to help keep the organization in operation and give some money back to the schools. The only reason to change is for more money.

Correct...

except the part where they don't give the money back to the schools?

I was thinking CA returned most of their team.

To answer IMAWCFAN's question... There are three teams that make me nervous....CA, MtP, and Loretto. I feel like we'll beat Parsons and Hickman this year, but like I said. We won't know for sure until August 22.

I agree on CA and Loretto but I dont think MTP will be a big threat this season but they will play us as hard as possible thats for sure!  What about Moore Co.?