Dresden Lions 2014

hogheaven

Sims, Hampton, Edmonds. Nanney. Mansfield. Hansel Cantrell. Hunter. Turnbow. Jolly. Etc etc. whoever is consistently low, mean and coachable. Be nice if a few transfers with size moved into the area. Losing Todd Kendall and slobb hurts.

Will Nanny not move back to middle LB? Or will it be Jolley and Mitchell? Maybe Huntingdon can loan us a couple 22 year olds to play.

For those of you predicting a mediocre 7-3 season or less than mediocre 5-5 season, that is a shame. Thankfully, however, that is what Dresden football thrives on. I pray that these seniors use it as fuel to outweigh your expectations (especially since no emphasis is being put on their success as a senior class and all the attention is on the youngsters who will have their time to leave a legacy). I expect no less than 10-0 being a proud Dresden alumni who has been in these seniors and team as whole's shoes when it comes to low expectations.

Prove your worth this season, Lions and show that it can be done any given year. Seniors, leave a positive legacy for the young and upcoming talented guys to continue to build on in the future. Weight room should be occupied at all hours by everyone. I know of several that are down there constantly, even while playing other sports. Keep it up.

Go Lions!

Good post shocker!!! I really don't know what to expect from next years team. The offense I'm no?t too worried about because we have many "young" playmakers. I'm wondering what the D will look like. Losing 6 or 7 starters will be a challenge to any team.

Actually 7 & 3 isn't mediocre by any means. Just ask McKenzie!!!!

7-5 or 6-6 is what yall will end up:

Westview-Loss by 13 or more

Peabody-Loss by 10 or more

McKenzie-Win by 18 or more

Obion Co.-Loss/Win by 10 or less

Bruceton-Win by 18 or more

UnionCity-Loss by 24 or more

WestCarroll-Win by 18 or more

Fayette Acd.-Win by 30 or more

Gleason-Win by 10 or less

Huntingdon-Loss by 18 or more

First round bye

2nd round win against (Humboldt/LakeCo./Gleason/Bruceton)

3rd round destroyed by Union City again

7-5 or 6-6 is what yall will end up:

Westview-Loss by 13 or more

Peabody-Loss by 10 or more

McKenzie-Win by 18 or more

Obion Co.-Loss/Win by 10 or less

Bruceton-Win by 18 or more

UnionCity-Loss by 24 or more

WestCarroll-Win by 18 or more

Fayette Acd.-Win by 30 or more

Gleason-Win by 10 or less

Huntingdon-Loss by 18 or more

First round bye

2nd round win against (Humboldt/LakeCo./Gleason/Bruceton)

3rd round destroyed by Union City again

Just out of pure curiosity, where do you get the backing for those numbers and predictions? Because I disagree with your point spreads... a lot. And personally, I disagree with the losses that you are predicting, but that is because I am taking into account the intangibles that Dresden has to offer.  

Basically, I am just curious about how you came to those wins/losses and point spreads. What logic?

Good post shocker!!! I really don't know what to expect from next years team. The offense I'm no?t too worried about because we have many "young" playmakers. I'm wondering what the D will look like. Losing 6 or 7 starters will be a challenge to any team.

Actually 7 & 3 isn't mediocre by any means. Just ask McKenzie!!!!

I appreciate it, yso. I agree about the offense.. hopefully they won't skip a beat if they continue to work hard this offseason. As far as the defense, losing guys like Caldwell, Ben, and Colter could hurt. However, good teams, as far as I'm concerned, do not rebuild. They reload. Those seniors last year left a strong legacy to continue to build on and the guys under them should have learned how to continue their success and step up when they need to.

In other words, they will learn just like the ones before them did and will be successful if they are willing to put in the work.