Early predictions for 8-AA 2014

Maynord in Cookeville will ride the Angel kid as far as it will take him. Get his picture in the paper when he signs and will look good for a while.  His dad and uncle are both on the coaching staff so who do you think is really calling the shots? Maynord knows he has to come up with some good publicity after the disaster he guided the team to last year.  UpperCumberlandMan it isn't that they lack talent as much as it is the political mess they can't seem to get behind them and it is only getting worse.  

Hard to pull for CHS with all the politics over there. I don't think even Maynard can change that. There is a kid named Esponosa in trainer camp with the Steelers. Could have played college at a higher level than he did with 6'4 215 size, but played at a Ohio naia school. Reason why is cause he never was fully the starter at CHS due to politics.That's why CHS always hss enough to beat Crossville, Sparta, and McMinnville but gets toasted in the playoffs. Sad that the 4th biggest school in tenn can't field a top level team.

It has been many moons since Cookeville has had a continuous run in football. It is hard to understand why occasionally they  can't field competitive teams year after year.

Maynord in Cookeville will ride the Angel kid as far as it will take him. Get his picture in the paper when he signs and will look good for a while. His dad and uncle are both on the coaching staff so who do you think is really calling the shots? Maynord knows he has to come up with some good publicity after the disaster he guided the team to last year. UpperCumberlandMan it isn't that they lack talent as much as it is the political mess they can't seem to get behind them and it is only getting worse.

daddyball defines Cookeville. 2300 students and let 680 student UHS mash them 5-0 last spring and again in the fall. Should never happen to CHS playing a 3a, even Alcoa. You see better looking athletes sitting in the bleachers at CHS games than you see on the field.

Boss has lost a lot of weight and should be a solid RB. Patterson was the top returning receiver and is a playmaker at safety. Ball the mike linebacker was all over the field Saturday night. He is going to be a stud this year.

I don't think boss has lost any weight he has just gotten bigger, Mooneyham will be a force at LB and hopefully we get Lance Ball back at LB too! Add Moon to safety and Patterson to corner is my guess. Moon missed last year with a knee injury. He is a little more physical than Patterson.

I don't think boss has lost any weight he has just gotten bigger, Mooneyham will be a force at LB and hopefully we get Lance Ball back at LB too! Add Moon to safety and Patterson to corner is my guess. Moon missed last year with a knee injury. He is a little more physical than Patterson.

I should've said he looks leaner.

Guest Termite

Yea maybe. But playing a 3a and 4a teams in spring, and opening the season verse Monterey...not really a powerhouse schedule

Wasn't that Baxter's thought process leading into 2013??  According to you that is the secret to success..

Guest Termite

My point exactly. There might be talented kids that go to school there but because of politics and "daddyball" that program will never be competitive.

I don't think I ever saw Maynord play "daddyball".  I don't think he gave a flip about mama or daddy, From what I saw, if you could play, you played, if you couldn't ,you didn't. Way too many kids played at SC that didn't have a dime or much parental support and were very,very good ball players. They put the money and name players on the bench. There's always a parent or 2 that thinks that lil Johnny ought to be playing instead of sitting. Therefore it's got to be daddyball, it couldn't be because of ability.

I would bet that Rankin gets accused of "daddyball".

I don't care how much talent is in the bleachers. If they don't want to play. If they don't want to work and have heart, that's where they need to be. 

Wasn't that Baxter's thought process leading into 2013?? According to you that is the secret to success..

Well, UHS was coming off back to back 1-9 followed by back to back 4-6 seasons and they did play three 4a teams. CHS has won their district like 8 out of last 10 years and is the 3rd largest hs in state. Total diffrent situation. You can argue if UHS needs to play Monterey, but no excuse for CHS playing them.