2014 will it be #14 for the big A

alcoadaddy

Whatever helps them sleep at night :roflol:

If a player's parents move a kid to Alcoa to play ball its NOT recruiting, its a parents choice. What my point is about the out of zone kids from out of county. Look at it like this. Say college football worked like the TSSAA. U of Tenn(Lewis Co) was open zoned outside Knox Co but restricted to only recruit kids from within Tennessee High Schools(county) but they all attended free. And the same applied to Vandy(UHS). Alabama(Alcoa) and Florida(CPA) were also also open zoned to recruit their entire state's high schools free from tuition, but for a 500.00 fee,per student, could recruit the entire country if they so choose. Then the NCAA(TSSAA) put them in same division and called them competitive equals. How would that work out for U of Tenn and Vandy? That is essentially what this loop hole has created. I don't blame Alcoa for exploiting it. But their fans need to see it for what it is. AlcoaBasketball:

A week ago. We do see it for what it is, we take advantage of it.

Interesting analogy though.

If a player's parents move a kid to Alcoa to play ball its NOT recruiting, its a parents choice. What my point is about the out of zone kids from out of county. Look at it like this. Say college football worked like the TSSAA. U of Tenn(Lewis Co) was open zoned outside Knox Co but restricted to only recruit kids from within Tennessee High Schools(county) but they all attended free. And the same applied to Vandy(UHS). Alabama(Alcoa) and Florida(CPA) were also also open zoned to recruit their entire state's high schools free from tuition, but for a 500.00 fee,per student, could recruit the entire country if they so choose. Then the NCAA(TSSAA) put them in same division and called them competitive equals. How would that work out for U of Tenn and Vandy? That is essentially what this loop hole has created. I don't blame Alcoa for exploiting it. But their fans need to see it for what it is. AlcoaBasketball:

I'm not about to go back and forth with you on this, I really could care less what people think about Alcoa, Maryville, Fulton, The Sky, The Moon or the Stars etc. etc.

And I stand by what I said. We don't recruit, but we use open zone to the fullest. And it really was an interesting analogy. There will always be a loophole SOMEwhere in any system, and open zone just happens to be it.

I'm not about to go back and forth with you on this, I really could care less what people think about Alcoa, Maryville, Fulton, The Sky, The Moon or the Stars etc. etc.

was not expecting you to go back and forth, its done been said. AlcoaBasketball said it best, a loophole that can be and is being exploited. And should be if you have the means to. Great coaching? Yes! Great community support?Yes! Equal playing field? Accourding to the TSSAA it is a Yes!

And I stand by what I said. We don't recruit, but we use open zone to the fullest. And it really was an interesting analogy. There will always be a loophole SOMEwhere in any system, and open zone just happens to be it.

agree 100%. If my favorite college team somehow got granted more scholarships than the confrence opponents and didn't exploit it I would be pissed. But in the same breath, I would see it for what it is. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Neither Alcoa NOR CAK will win it this year NOR will either make the Semis

Contenders:

Austin-East

Chuckey-Doak

West Greene

Johnson County

McMinn Central

Notre Dame

Brainerd

York

Westview

Cascade

Harpeth

WH-Heritage

East Nashville

Pretenders:

Alcoa (Not the same team it used to be)

CAK (Still a ways to go before being back to form)

Happy Valley

Tyner

Smith County

CPA (I just see this being a down year)

Lipscomb

Neither:

Milan (will be a little better but I think miss it again)

Contenders:

Austin-East

Chuckey-Doak

West Greene

Johnson County

McMinn Central

Notre Dame

Brainerd

York

Westview

Cascade

Harpeth

WH-Heritage

East Nashville

Pretenders:

Happy Valley

Tyner

Smith County

Lipscomb

Neither:

:)

Contenders:

Austin-East

Chuckey-Doak

West Greene

Johnson County

McMinn Central

Notre Dame

Brainerd

York

Westview

Cascade

Harpeth

WH-Heritage

East Nashville

Pretenders:

Happy Valley

Tyner

Smith County

Lipscomb

Neither:

:roflol: