Did Kilgore Resign at Powell?

chasescott66

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a former Karns player and lifelong member of the community I can say Karns has deep, deep problems that are not easy to solve. These were made deeper with the emergence of HVA and especially Grace, Webb(recently) and even Catholic. Most good players zoned for Karns don't stay, many other strong athletes give up football for other sports instead of playing in an historically losing program. Having Kilgore is a positive but I personally think Karns will only succeed if we get a Coach who is young,charismatic and willing to stay. He will also have to rally the community and get some folks to invest personally in facilities etc. Karns is a sleeping giant that for years in the 70's, 80's and early 90's competed at the top of the youth leagues until the Pilot type teams started recruiting and youth football changed fundamentally in Knoxville. I wish him the best, we can only get better because until 2 yrs ago when we had a winning season it had been over 30 yrs since the last one. Even South Greene and Red Boiling Springs we better than that. Good luck coach, we need it.

First of all I'm not making fun of Karns but there should be a special division for teams that have some kind of handicap that keeps the program in a hole all the time. Face it who in the world wants to go 1-9 or 0-10 all the time. If one of those teams started winning then they could go back out and play with the other schools and replace them with another team that has fallen off the rocker.