Finer wrestlers of Al Miller Cleve Duals make a list

marathon

How was Quinn Miller of Archer at 195?  I haven't had a chance to see him, but heard he's one tough 9th grader........was a 9 time youth state champion.....and brother of former Parkview wrestler Jesse Miller.

He tech-falled the Baylor senior, Norred, who is a D2 state placer, in the second period. The Cleveland stud, West, could only major decision Norred. So I'd say the freshman is legitimately tough.

Actually Norred was pinned early in the match with a cradle for several seconds but it was never called, no big deal since West was primarily working takedowns this past weekend to improve his conditioning and at that point in the dual 2 extra points had no bearing on the outcome. I do agree that Q. MIller is a very tough wrestler and will have an outstanding career in high school. Personally I would have preferred seeing him wrestle Parker instead of Norred, I assume Archer was after as many bonus points as possible.

To the original post:

Debian, Stevison, and West from Cleveland were all undefeated on the day. Murphy, Robinson, and Popp looked really good. I didn't have a chance to see them but I heard Dendy and Connell both had a great tournament. Any others from Tennessee go undefeated?

• Upvote 1

Not to put the pressure on him (cause he can handle it) Tyler Garrison had a nice outcome there and a fine start for the season with 10 wins and zero losses so far. Austin Wells ran into a rough one there from Ga, but overall looking good with a 9-1 record with 9 falls! Sells little freshman brother looked good against a senior from Cleveland at the duals :)

Wells, ranked #2 in TN, got pinned by Alabama's #2 ranked wrestler from Thompson not Georgia. Sells had a 1 point decision over Cleveland's senior and first year starter who hasn't wrestled since middle school. Garrison's only test of the season and noteworthy win at the duals was an impressive decision over Pope's state placer Burson. Cleveland's Josh Hamilton wins against Jevon Brown and Ezra Taylor picks up a win over Feuerbacher.

Wells, ranked #2 in TN, got pinned by Alabama's #2 ranked wrestler from Thompson not Georgia. Sells had a 1 point decision over Cleveland's senior and first year starter who hasn't wrestled since middle school. Garrison's only test of the season and noteworthy win at the duals was an impressive decision over Pope's state placer Burson. Cleveland's Josh Hamilton wins against Jevon Brown and Ezra Taylor picks up a win over Feuerbacher.

Does this translate to Cleveland is great and everyone else isn't?  Am I confused?

Edited by mat73557

Didn't mean for it to translate that way at all. Just saying Wells lost to Alabama not Georgia and the Cleveland senior hasn't wrestled since middle school and Garrison has looked really good this year but hasn't seen anyone to challenge him yet until he met up with Burson from Pope who placed 4th last year in Georgia and that was a big win. Jevon Brown and Feuerbacher both looked good and lost decisions to Hamilton and Taylor. Just stating the facts, can't help how others translate it. Blackman will have a solid team once they get all of their injured wrestlers back, I think they were missing 4 or 5 wrestlers at the duals.

Mat, you nailed it..The only thing that may escape you is that his posts, while masked as Blue Raider Biased, generally are intended to make excuses for, or draw attention to his son. One of the worst Stage dad's I've seen on here in a long time. Hey, the kid deserves some praise,..but let someone else do it, dad.