AAA Overrated & Underrated Teams

lookingFORtalent

I have seen about 10-15 teams play this year most in middle TN, and I'm not sure a lot of the records we see are indicative of how good or bad teams are. For example after another run to a state championship in football Henry county just returned there football players to the roster last week. Including there best player Brandon Donaldson. They have won there last 3 since, and while they may not be a top 10 caliber team, I believe they are better then a highly overrated Station Camp team. 

Kenwood mean while has completely flown under the radar, they have yet to put a complete team on the floor this season due to injury. They have good length in the middle with 6-8 Jamario Rivers, and arguably one of the best pure shooters in the state in Daniel Norl. Both played the stiffest competition around the country alongside Bonds, Allsmiller & Blackwell (CPA) this summer with the best 17U AAU team in Tennessee D13 elite. An up and coming sophomore in Matthew Norl has been tasked to play the point because he is often the best decision maker on the floor. His natural position at the 3 or 4 would make him a double-double threat every game.

A possible match up against CPA at the JP II Christmas tournament should be a good one to watch in a few days.

Who do you think is overrated or underrated in AAA?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hard to say since an official ap or coaches poll hasn't come out yet. i agree with you about station camp being overrated since they barely beat hendersonville. there are som really good teams as always in memphis. chattanooga is really down this year.8aaa is down. i think east tn is overall down.there is som really good teams in the upper cumberland and murfreesboro is loaded as usual.

In 13-AAA, watch out for Hardin County. Not overwhemingly talented but they are VERY well coached and disciplined. They play good team basketball. They have a guard and a post player who will do most of the scoring and everyone else knows their role. They'll get after you! Their coach, Brian Brown is one of the best in the area.

The Tennessean released its weekly mid-state rankings today (12/16):

1. CPA (9-0): Braxton Blackwell scores 27 points in an 82-47 win over Mitchell for the Lions' 72nd straight victory over an in-state team.

2. Siegel (9-0): Charles Clark leads four scorers in double figures with 22 points in an 84-79 win over La Vergne.

3. Station Camp (9-0): Fourth-quarter rally gives the Bison a 49-46 win at Hendersonville.

4. Brentwood (11-1): Bruins beat Independence and Franklin for 2-0 start in District 11-AAA.

5. Kenwood (7-1): Eastern Kentucky signee Daniel Norl scores 26 points in 70-48 win over West Creek.

6. Blackman (6-2): Blaze rebounds from loss to Siegel with wins over Oakland and Sparkman, Ala.

7. La Vergne (8-3): Wolverines fall in double overtime to Hopkinsville, Ky., 102-95.

8. MBA (3-0): Big Red will get a big test at unbeaten Station Camp on Tuesday.

9. Waverly (9-0): Survives close game with Creek Wood, wins last two by double-digit margins.

10. Pearl-Cohn (6-3): Firebirds beat Maplewood 63-49 for fourth straight win.

It's biased because the mid-state teams are the only ones they list on that list, 90warrior haha. While I agree that some of those teams you mentioned could give any of those mid-state teams all they wanted. I know Stone could because I saw them play OR. Although OR has gotten a lot better since that game since their football players have found their basketball legs since then, but I am sure Stone has gotten better, too. Not sure about White Co or Cookeville because I have seen neither play.

90, I agree with your statement about White, Stone and CHS giving those other teams all they want.  I even think you could throw Brentwood in there with those teams our UC teams could play with and beat.  

I know its summer ball, but I know Cookeville beat Blackman this summer by around 20.  

They are biased and I really do think they consider us East Tn.  But when you have that many teams in that small of an area I guess it would be hard to try and "cover" all the way out to the UC.  Wish they would call it "greater nashville top 10"