Henry County 2014 offseason

SEC1rules

Anyone know how the freshmen did? I didn't see it, nor have I heard anything.

As for the scrimmage itself, still appears to be much work that needs to be done. Looking forward to the DC scrimmage and jamboree this coming week.

Freshmen were rained out. Several played with varsity, some looked fantastic.( the most exciting plays for HC both O and D were made by the same Freshman ) !!!

Yeah I know a couple of kids on the MBA squad. The parents felt like MBA didnt' have nearly the success against Siegal like they did with HC. The report I got is, HC has a lot to improve on before we crown them.

For perspective, here's a post from olddevil after last year's MBA scrimmage:

"I was there tonight along with a good crowd of the Patriot faithful. Let there be no mistaking about this scrimmage: HC was lucky to come out on top.MBA is very ,very good (and HUGE) across the front. They have a nice QB and several good RBs.Fortunately for us they kept shooting themselves in the foot--4 lost fumbles and 2 interceptions. Some valuable lessons were learned tonight: if we are goinng to play with the big boys, we must work hard and get better.

GO BIG RED"

Sounds like a similar starting point to me.

For perspective, here's a post from olddevil after last year's MBA scrimmage:

"I was there tonight along with a good crowd of the Patriot faithful. Let there be no mistaking about this scrimmage: HC was lucky to come out on top.MBA is very ,very good (and HUGE) across the front. They have a nice QB and several good RBs.Fortunately for us they kept shooting themselves in the foot--4 lost fumbles and 2 interceptions. Some valuable lessons were learned tonight: if we are goinng to play with the big boys, we must work hard and get better.

GO BIG RED"

Sounds like a similar starting point to me.

Thanks Facts for pulling that one out of the past. You are right, similar starting point. However, this team is (HC) nowhere near 100%. My biggest disappointment from Friday was the lack of enthusiasm on the field and sidelines. Nobody was up for what I considered the biggest scrimmage of the year! And yes, our secondary was exposed. That being said, the QB for MBA was as good as any passer I have seen. His receiving core were also very tall and skilled. Offensively, our line needs to work hard to get better. I saw alot of half hearted effort - giving up the block and not following through.

On the positive side, we FINALLY adjusted and put some pressure on the QB and that made a big difference. I also liked how we handled the run game of MBA. Hard to pick out many positives on offense but when our receivers were thrown the ball they caught it, took the hit and held on for a gain. I also liked the effort of the running backs, never quit driving.

All in all, the negatives need to be cleaned up - and they can be. When we go down to Jackson to meet Liberty, we must have our attitude right and be ready to play. Other teams will certainly be up for playing us, we have to return the favor.

Go Big RED!!!

Thanks Facts for pulling that one out of the past. You are right, similar starting point. However, this team is (HC) nowhere near 100%. My biggest disappointment from Friday was the lack of enthusiasm on the field and sidelines. Nobody was up for what I considered the biggest scrimmage of the year! And yes, our secondary was exposed. That being said, the QB for MBA was as good as any passer I have seen. His receiving core were also very tall and skilled. Offensively, our line needs to work hard to get better. I saw alot of half hearted effort - giving up the block and not following through.

On the positive side, we FINALLY adjusted and put some pressure on the QB and that made a big difference. I also liked how we handled the run game of MBA. Hard to pick out many positives on offense but when our receivers were thrown the ball they caught it, took the hit and held on for a gain. I also liked the effort of the running backs, never quit driving.

All in all, the negatives need to be cleaned up - and they can be. When we go down to Jackson to meet Liberty, we must have our attitude right and be ready to play. Other teams will certainly be up for playing us, we have to return the favor.

Go Big RED!!!

Are we going to be near 100% by the time we go to Liberty?

Go Big RED!!!

Very well said.

Are we going to be near 100% by the time we go to Liberty?

It appears that we will be, but not certain. I was able to swing by and see practice yesterday, looked pretty good. Most importantly was the sound of Junior out there pumping the guys up, getting attitudes right. His absence over the past months has been felt - but his presence these next couple of weeks is going to be a difference maker in my opinion.

Go Big RED!!!

Any DC scrimmage updates? I wasn't able to make it.

HC 30 DC 7. DC scored on a pick 6 early but didn't threaten again thanks in big way to 4 picks by the Pat secondary ( quite a change from Friday night ) Varsity still didn't move the ball real well but were better. Once again, the Freshmen sparkled.

GO BIG RED

HC 30 DC 7. DC scored on a pick 6 early but didn't threaten again thanks in big way to 4 picks by the Pat secondary ( quite a change from Friday night ) Varsity still didn't move the ball real well but were better. Once again, the Freshmen sparkled.

GO BIG RED

Thanks for the update. Anyone have a scouting report on McCracken County?