Henry County 2014 offseason

SEC1rules

If last year's undefeated 5A State Champion Henry County was so talent laden, what is your explanation that only 2 players were recruited to play football in college (neither of which was D-1)? You think colleges just didn't notice? Or maybe they just didn't want tougher, bigger, stronger, and faster athletes who had won 2 State Championships?

I don't know who the underclassmen and seniors were but from what I saw the big split end #8, all three tailbacks (especially #2 and #9), at least 6-7 of the 10 offensive linemen who played, both tight ends #87 and #45, #14 and #97 off of the defensive line, and the place kicker #99 could all play at the college level. Some are still at HCHS and others chose not to go play I am sure. It doesn't mean they weren't studs.

That's what? 15 minimum......all who were legit players

Edited by LBD

I don't know who the underclassmen and seniors were but from what I saw the big split end #8, all three tailbacks (especially #2 and #9), at least 6-7 of the 10 offensive linemen who played, both tight ends #87 and #45, #14 and #97 off of the defensive line, and the place kicker #99 could all play at the college level. Some are still at HCHS and others chose not to go play I am sure. It doesn't mean they weren't studs.

That's what? 15 minimum......all who were legit players

Never saw it that way. Think what could have been if we'd had a scheme!

**maybe next year **

Curious though... What would you say is necessary that we might get us one of those schemes to go along with all our overpowering talent?

Matchups for the Edward Jones Kickoff Classic scheduled for 6 p.m. Aug. 15 at Patriot Stadium. The preseason jamboree starts with Stewart County facing Martin Westview. The Patriots will take on McCracken County, Ky., in the second two-quarter contest. McCracken County will stay on the field to play Milan in the third matchup while Dresden battles Murray in the fourth contest.