Henry County 2014 offseason

SEC1rules

Some bad news: the harsh winter wiped out the turf on the practice field and much of the game field. This could be the toughest problem we face this year.

GO BIG RED

I wonder if they will have the jamboree at Barton Field if the game field is in bad shape. Nightmare for parking among other things.

I like what I've seen so far. Only been two practices, but you can already see the potential in this group. I agree with olddevil that the offense is pleasantly looking ahead of schedule, especially the line and backs. I've also been impressed with croasmuns passing. I knew he had a solid arm, but man, that kid has a laser. Also impressed with his competition in sophomore qb Tyler Allen. He's gonna be a good one whether its this year or the next couple.

Gotta like our outlook on D as well with 6 starters back to go along with some nice returning depth.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest of the spring plays out.

I will be interested in seeing who will be playing on the special teams this year after we lost arguably our best ever place kicker last year. We gave up field position last year on special teams also. Wished we had that special team play that we had back in 09-10. Those guys were not afraid to hit anybody. 

After a fast start by the offense,the defense has caught up and passed the O in the humble opinion of this old observer.As spring practice winds down, there is plenty of reason for optimism.The QB situation is looking better and better and the recievers are all looking good. The Oline hasn't completely jelled yet but the RBs look super. WE should know more after Thursdays scrimmage with old rival Dickson County. Not sure about the time but have heard 6PM at Barton Field.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Old devil,

Can you elaborate more about the QB position?  I hope we are as weak at that position this year as we were last year!

. . . ifyouknowwhatImean

FO eye weal bee exspecktin' a contribewshun frum ewe fer us hostin' tha Henree Cowntee corches durin' our sprang practuss...... :popcorneater:

FO eye weal bee exspecktin' a contribewshun frum ewe fer us hostin' tha Henree Cowntee corches durin' our sprang practuss...... :popcorneater:

Our coaches are busy.  We'll send some middle school JV players instead to scout you guys.  And thanks in advance for the show of hospitality! :roflolk:

Edited by FactsOnly