Goopasture beats Gordsonsville 112-44?

UCSportsFan

Just got home from church and read your post.  I realize from your post that I have contributed to your view of no Christ in Christians by the derogatory posts that I have written about you.  I apologize.  It won't happen again.  I will post facts and will not post any personal attacks against you or anyone else.

I believe your posts have come from looking at a box score and not being at the game.  I could be wrong.  I am still looking for what you or anyone else would have done differently than the GP coach.  He pulled the starters early and played the subs and JV players.  The only thing left is telling his players to not shoot, hold the ball, or let the other team score to make the score closer.  I may be wrong but I think that would be a slap in the face to the Gordonsville players.  In no way do I think Gville is 68 points worse than GP.  They have too many good players.  Like I posted earlier, Gville caught Goodpasture on a night where everything was perfect for them.  They have not played that good for 32 minutes yet this season.  I'm just posting what I saw.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from church and read your post.  I realize from your post that I have contributed to your view of no Christ in Christians by the derogatory posts that I have written about you.  I apologize.  It won't happen again.  I will post facts and will not post any personal attacks against you or anyone else.

I believe your posts have come from looking at a box score and not being at the game.  I could be wrong.  I am still looking for what you or anyone else would have done differently than the GP coach.  He pulled the starters early and played the subs and JV players.  The only thing left is telling his players to not shoot, hold the ball, or let the other team score to make the score closer.  I may be wrong but I think that would be a slap in the face to the Gordonsville players.  In no way do I think Gville is 68 points worse than GP.  They have too many good players.  Like I posted earlier, Gville caught Goodpasture on a night where everything was perfect for them.  They have not played that good for 32 minutes yet this season.  I'm just posting what I saw.

Watching the Jackson Co. girls play basketball for the past 20+ years i have seen many games where Jim Brown could have had our girls score well over a 100 points in a game and beaten teams by worse than 70 but he doesn't nor do most of the coaches that understand how to coach their team in this type of a game. You don't allow fast breaks, you run a motion offense taking nothing but a layup with a minimum of 5 passes and if the play isn't run exactly to perfection by your younger players you pull it out and do it again. You use this time to teach your younger players how to play the game and run the offense to perfection. This will chew up a lot of clock and allow the opposing team to keep some of their dignity because they are after all our children. I am sure that there will be a lot of people get on here and call me all kinds of names for saying this is what you should do but thats ok it doesn't matter. I appreciate the fact that you have decided not to call me names any longer, I know sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us. GP is the best team in our region and they will have very little trouble winning the tournament, but since we are dealing with teen-agers anything can happen i guess. Good luck to you and your team and should our paths cross i will gladly shake your hand.

Watching the Jackson Co. girls play basketball for the past 20+ years i have seen many games where Jim Brown could have had our girls score well over a 100 points in a game and beaten teams by worse than 70 but he doesn't nor do most of the coaches that understand how to coach their team in this type of a game. You don't allow fast breaks, you run a motion offense taking nothing but a layup with a minimum of 5 passes and if the play isn't run exactly to perfection by your younger players you pull it out and do it again. You use this time to teach your younger players how to play the game and run the offense to perfection. This will chew up a lot of clock and allow the opposing team to keep some of their dignity because they are after all our children. I am sure that there will be a lot of people get on here and call me all kinds of names for saying this is what you should do but thats ok it doesn't matter. I appreciate the fact that you have decided not to call me names any longer, I know sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us. GP is the best team in our region and they will have very little trouble winning the tournament, but since we are dealing with teen-agers anything can happen i guess. Good luck to you and your team and should our paths cross i will gladly shake your hand.

I hear what you're saying.  Wish you could have seen the game.  Hopefully, we'll see each other in the region.  I'm sure that's the goal of both teams.

I don't think any team should get whipped this bad, even though it seems the talent levels are night and day at these schools when it comes to basketball. What I find interesting is these running up the score threads only seem to come up when it involves a private school. You mean to tell me no public schools run the scores up on each other??  :popcorneater:

I tell you up front  i do not care who win it beside you you people just like Friendship  think you better than anybody think you know more than anybody and dress like a king queen your day is coming i do not think you win it all because anybody can get beat on a given night no matter how good you are i do not see metro school winning many state titles in anything    

I know it's hard to tell your subs not to try hard, but I believe in some situations it is best if you do so. Goodpasture is the number 1 team in the state, and with more district games, the district tournament, and the region tournament coming up their bench will have plenty if opportunities to get plenty of playing time throughout the rest of the season. I wasn't at the game, I didn't see what all went on, but I just believe in certain situations a coach needs to be able to create ways to let up. What makes the score look bad is the 112 points Goodpasture scored. A triple digit score is just a noticeable thing that's going to stand out as opposed to a 90 point game because at this level they just aren't seen often. Which score would draws more attention... 92-24 or 112-44? Same point difference but the 112 is going to catch people's eye. If it were me coaching I would have set a point total and once my team got to that point total is when I would tell them to lay off, in no way would it have allowed my team to score over a 100...

Edited by swanson71