CPA beats JPII by 50?

BigENS

You amuse me, but insult everyone's intelligence at the same time. We all know what goes on over at the Christian private school and eventually they will get caught because there are way to many athletes moving into that school year over year. It only takes one mistake to get caught and when that happens you will be no where to be found i'm sure.

I am not a CPA supporter. I am an advocate of logic and fact, both of which you disregard in the name of speculation and vitriol. If "we all know what goes on" and it "only takes one mistake to get caught," it is easy to surmise that CPA would have been caught by now had they been guilty.

CPA is talented, well-coached and successful. Could those factors offer another explanation for why skilled kids want to be a part of the program? Unfortunately, private schools are often labeled as cheaters when they beat public schools. Do I know whether the Lions have broken the rules? I have no idea, as I am not connected to the school. I do know that it is patently unfair for you to accuse them of doing so without any sort of reasonable evidence, just as you would not want your son's school to receive such libelous treatment.

Edited by WesVLT

I am not a CPA supporter. I am an advocate of logic and fact, both of which you disregard in the name of speculation and vitriol. If "we all know what goes on" and it "only takes one mistake to get caught," it is easy to surmise that CPA would have been caught by now had they been guilty.

CPA is talented, well-coached and successful. Could those factors offer another explanation for why skilled kids want to be a part of the program? Unfortunately, private schools are often labeled as cheaters when they beat public schools. Do I know whether the Lions have broken the rules? I have no idea, as I am not connected to the school. I do know that it is patently unfair for you to accuse them of doing so without any sort of reasonable evidence, just as you would not want your son's school to receive such libelous treatment.

You can get on here and quote all the legal jargon you want to, i will make it a point to look you up when the truth comes out and it always does! I know all about a good program attracting athletes and i get that but there are just way too many athletes moving into this school year over year. As long as their families can afford to pay the tuition there is nothing wrong with it according to the T$$AA by laws but as we all know there are ways around it. In a public school setting if a student wants to attend a different school the family must move to that area. It happens but only on an isolated incident. At CPA they are already talking about who is going to be moving in next year. When you play with an all star team every year its not hard to be a good coach. CPA is not the only one that recruits every private school does to an extent. Thats why i believe there should be a total separation but until that happens we will all just have to deal with it. I would not say it had i not had first hand knowledge of it and had myself and my son not be asked if we would be interested in going to this school. You have a nice day sir

You can get on here and quote all the legal jargon you want to, i will make it a point to look you up when the truth comes out and it always does! I know all about a good program attracting athletes and i get that but there are just way too many athletes moving into this school year over year. As long as their families can afford to pay the tuition there is nothing wrong with it according to the T$$AA by laws but as we all know there are ways around it. In a public school setting if a student wants to attend a different school the family must move to that area. It happens but only on an isolated incident. At CPA they are already talking about who is going to be moving in next year. When you play with an all star team every year its not hard to be a good coach. CPA is not the only one that recruits every private school does to an extent. Thats why i believe there should be a total separation but until that happens we will all just have to deal with it. I would not say it had i not had first hand knowledge of it and had myself and my son not be asked if we would be interested in going to this school. You have a nice day sir

The contact you have described with your son is not cheating. However, if CPA or any school is found guilty of recruiting, I will stand with you in condemnation of their behavior. Until then, we should stick to the information we know -- which is not "legal jargon," it is truth.

Best of luck to your kid. I hope he has a great season.

We are a new School to District 12AA, I would rather play CPA twice and lose by 20 than play some of the teams we play and win by 20. CPA has a great Coach with great talent, are they cheating? Don't know and don't care. No crying in Basketball, man up and play the best you can, win or lose it will only make you better and isn't that what High School Sports is all about. 

• Upvote 1

We are a new School to District 12AA, I would rather play CPA twice and lose by 20 than play some of the teams we play and win by 20. CPA has a great Coach with great talent, are they cheating? Don't know and don't care. No crying in Basketball, man up and play the best you can, win or lose it will only make you better and isn't that what High School Sports is all about. 

This state needs more people like you. I don't know who your team is, but I hope it gives CPA a run for its money! 

This state needs more people like you. I don't know who your team is, but I hope it gives CPA a run for its money!

You seem to comment a lot on the CPA boards and the Div II boards so i will assume you are a backer of the private school community thus the motivation to stand behind one of your "own". Who is your school affiliation do you have one? Edited by devilfanatic

Wes is pretty easy to find - Go Eagles!

Ahh yes the Brentwood Academy Eagles, it all makes perfect sense to me now. The same Brentwood Academy Eagles that lost a SUPREME COURT battle over RECRUITING. Going forward Wes your post(s) will hold no merit sir as you are obviously biased in your opinions and blind to the fact that private schools recruit players. Good day sir

Edited by devilfanatic

Ahh yes the Brentwood Academy Eagles, it all makes perfect sense to me now. The same Brentwood Academy Eagles that lost a SUPREME COURT battle over RECRUITING. Going forward Wes your post(s) will hold no merit sir as you are obviously biased in your opinions and blind to the fact that private schools recruit players. Good day sir

Let me make sure I understand your argument:

Because my alma mater was accused of improprieties 16 years ago -- when I was in seventh grade -- anything I say in a discussion about an unrelated school suddenly has zero credibility? I don't think I'm the one who is struggling with basic logic. Also, how would seven years spent attending a school make me "blind" to its practices? If anything, shouldn't that exposure make me more informed than someone whose son played on an AAU team? If this discussion were about BA, I would be glad to defend it against your attacks. 

But it isn't about BA. You may distract from the main premise of this discussion in any way you wish -- by attacking the school I support or by attacking my credibility -- which is supported by ten-plus years of supporting and covering high school sports. But you have not provided the evidence necessary to succeed in a debate about CPA's recruiting practices, because you cannot. That's why you're trying to divert our attention elsewhere while maintaining your preconceived notions and baseless attacks.

Let's put this discussion back in its original context: I am not defending CPA's honor, because I do not know whether the Lions recruit players. I am defending their right to remain free of baseless character assaults. If you have evidence, submit it. Otherwise, your remarks are empty.

Edited by WesVLT

Let me make sure I understand your argument:

Because my alma mater was accused of improprieties 16 years ago -- when I was in seventh grade -- anything I say in a discussion about an unrelated school suddenly has zero credibility? I don't think I'm the one who is struggling with basic logic. Also, how would seven years spent attending a school make me "blind" to its practices? If anything, shouldn't that exposure make me more informed than someone whose son played on an AAU team? If this discussion were about BA, I would be glad to defend it against your attacks. 

But it isn't about BA. You may distract from the main premise of this discussion in any way you wish -- by attacking the school I support or by attacking my credibility -- which is supported by ten-plus years of supporting and covering high school sports. But you have not provided the evidence necessary to succeed in a debate about CPA's recruiting practices, because you cannot. That's why you're trying to divert our attention elsewhere while maintaining your preconceived notions and baseless attacks.

Let's put this discussion back in its original context: I am not defending CPA's honor, because I do not know whether the Lions recruit players. I am defending their right to remain free of baseless character assaults. If you have evidence, submit it. Otherwise, your remarks are empty.

So let me ask you a question, did or does Brentwood Academy recruit athletes?

So let me ask you a question, did or does Brentwood Academy recruit athletes?

After the TSSAA clarified its recruiting rules in the nineties, Brentwood Academy has passionately pursued compliance with TSSAA rules. So, to answer your question, Brentwood Academy does not recruit athletes. Since the founding of the school in 1969, it has frequently sought guidance from the TSSAA regarding its policies and always worked to act within those guidelines.

Edited by WesVLT