track wrestling...like or not

oltimer

Track really is amazing.. Goto big national tourneys or to states to have used track for a while and you will see how much faster and smoother tournaments run with people that are used to using track. If the event is live streamed, and the match is running live on track it is incredably enjoyable.

The main issue with track is that it's not user friendly and it takes people running a tournament a few times before they figure it out but once they do it really speeds up events..

What's the point of having it if you can't even look at anything but a mat assignment! They could have saved me some time to at least get sleep after driving all night and watching for the brackets to be posted along with the rest of my friends and family that kept texting and calling all night knowing that I would be up, as would they for the bracket info! Now im exhausted and pissed off! Ridiculous, to think that they could have just posted that brackets would not be posted at all! Now the phone calls im going to get are not going to be pleasant!

Thanks trackwrestling for apparently not having someone who is good at running your program..... NOT VERY NICE TO TEASE PEOPLE WITH PROMISED INFO!

What's the point of having it if you can't even look at anything but a mat assignment! They could have saved me some time to at least get sleep after driving all night and watching for the brackets to be posted along with the rest of my friends and family that kept texting and calling all night knowing that I would be up, as would they for the bracket info! Now im exhausted and pissed off! Ridiculous, to think that they could have just posted that brackets would not be posted at all! Now the phone calls im going to get are not going to be pleasant!

Thanks trackwrestling for apparently not having someone who is good at running your program..... NOT VERY NICE TO TEASE PEOPLE WITH PROMISED INFO!

If the tournaments are set up correctly prior to the tournament it is flawless . The brackets are all online , the results are instant, team scoring is in real time. You can look at the results based on your team and not have to search through all the brackets. It's especially helpful at youth tournaments where there are 5 age groups wrestling and some teams have 40+ kids entered. Where it is truly a life saver is setting up the brackets and numbering the matches . What used to take me all night by hand now literally takes 5 seconds. If you aren't getting these benefits then you aren't setting up the tournament correctly or you aren't running it correctly .

• Upvote 2

We used it at Independence Tournament.

Flawless.

We had to shut down one mat due to an injury, Jared re populated the bouts from five mats to four, and bang. Done. We kept moving.

20 teams.  One 30 minute break, one allowed for speaker for 40 minutes, we finished at 5:15.  We could have finished at 4:00-4:15.

When you have 484 bouts an amazing amount of time is taken by the official walking to the table to sign bout sheets after every match.  There was none of that.

We had very little blood and injury time over all.

Ok, so it may have someone who doesn't know the system. I can understand that being a big contribution to the flaws. But can someone tell me how to get rid of the annoying pop up about soap and track wrestling when I have the pop up blocker on to stop this! It seemed (lol) to know exactly where I needed to look and I can only think of what I would say to the person who put that annoying thing on there! I felt like I had wrestled after dealing with that thing and was looking for a stalling call due to the delaying me the opportunity to view brackets! I can laugh now but OMG! Get rid of that annoying thing! Uuuuugggghh