Ezell Harding

D2A

not a good place to be right now, some bad decisions have hurt the school from many different angles, the last hire was not a solid hire.  Not knocking anyone but the hiring criteria for a new head coach is very tough

Agreed, hopefully they will get the administration straightened out for the kids' sake.  I think they let him go at the Christmas break. I did hear they are planning to reinstate MS FB next year. That is a good sign.

Ezell Harding is in a difficult position in that it is located in Antioch which is a working class neighborhood.  The majority of families that attend EH are dual income and the downturn with the economy along with other economic factors really hurt EH.  In past years EH has had a few "Sugar Daddies" that have helped with the finances but those funds will eventually run out if they haven't already.  For EH to survive as a Church of Christ school they will more than likely have to get the majority of the students from Rutherford County. 

• Upvote 1

It has been 8 seasons since EH had winning football record. They are about to hire the 5th head coach since 2006. At some point, when you have been through that many changes in coaches and players, you have to think the answer may need to come from how the administration of the school does things. This is not just for Ezell Harding. If players change, coaches changes and results stay the same, there are other factors involved. I dont know the answer but thats something I would look at if I was a coach interested in this or any job like that.

It has been 8 seasons since EH had winning football record. They are about to hire the 5th head coach since 2006. At some point, when you have been through that many changes in coaches and players, you have to think the answer may need to come from how the administration of the school does things. This is not just for Ezell Harding. If players change, coaches changes and results stay the same, there are other factors involved. I dont know the answer but thats something I would look at if I was a coach interested in this or any job like that.

Great point- good post.

• 2 weeks later...

Quinn not interviewing at EH. No one wants to touch this place. The school is on a big downfall especially after the debacle with the Top dawg and one of the coaches last year.  Football coach is leaving, I would imagine that the basketball coach is going to be out the door pretty soon.  Not alot of shine over there in Antioch.

Quinn not interviewing at EH. No one wants to touch this place. The school is on a big downfall especially after the debacle with the Top dawg and one of the coaches last year.  Football coach is leaving, I would imagine that the basketball coach is going to be out the door pretty soon.  Not alot of shine over there in Antioch.

ENS, have your heard from the Gman?