District 3 AAA

Regg

With HVA out. Who is your early favorite to win the district?

1. Powell - returning 7 starters and all their pitching from last year. With seniors like Owenby, Long, Weaver, and Latham this team will be hard to beat. They also have the best pitching 1-3 in the district.

2. AC - with Tackett (auburn commit) and hicks coming back for AC they will still be a good team with pretty good depth in the pitching rotation.

3. Clinton - a shocking team last season as they had Powell on the ropes in the district tournament, and beat a quality OR team. This team will be scrappy and compete.

4. Oak Ridge - losing a lot from last year, I expect this team to be down this year. Kevin steen ( UT Commit) will win some ball games for this club. I just don't see them being too solid defensively or offensively.

5. Karns - will have basically the same team as last year. Bunch of quality players but not enough pitching.

6. Halls - coming off a disappointing season last year, I don't see halls bouncing back this year.

7. Gibbs - the new addition to the district. I expect this team to keep games close. Not too sure what all they have.

8. Central - They picked up a good coach this offseason. Eager to see how this team plays under him. Not very much talent, but having a good coach can help that.

9. CC - good coach just not enough talent.

What are y'all's rankings?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With HVA out. Who is your early favorite to win the district?

1. Powell - returning 7 starters and all their pitching from last year. With seniors like Owenby, Long, Weaver, and Latham this team will be hard to beat. They also have the best pitching 1-3 in the district.

2. AC - with Tackett (auburn commit) and hicks coming back for AC they will still be a good team with pretty good depth in the pitching rotation.

3. Clinton - a shocking team last season as they had Powell on the ropes in the district tournament, and beat a quality OR team. This team will be scrappy and compete.

4. Oak Ridge - losing a lot from last year, I expect this team to be down this year. Kevin steen ( UT Commit) will win some ball games for this club. I just don't see them being too solid defensively or offensively.

5. Karns - will have basically the same team as last year. Bunch of quality players but not enough pitching.

6. Halls - coming off a disappointing season last year, I don't see halls bouncing back this year.

7. Gibbs - the new addition to the district. I expect this team to keep games close. Not too sure what all they have.

8. Central - They picked up a good coach this offseason. Eager to see how this team plays under him. Not very much talent, but having a good coach can help that.

9. CC - good coach just not enough talent.

What are y'all's rankings?

I think you have it about right with the exception of Gibbs.  They are well coached with good talent year in, year out.  I expect them to be in the top 5 at least.  As for AC, Carson Pack, a freshman starter last season, should make an even bigger impact this year on the mound.  Hicks is still nursing a broken bone but I'd think he'll be ready soon.

What's Owenby's status at Powell?  I thought his late season-ending football injury was going to limit him until around tournament time.

DISTRICT 3 AAA PREDICTIONS

1. GIBBS                  13-3

2. POWELL              12-4

3. KARNS                 10-6

3. Anderson co.         10-6

5. OAK RIDGE           8-8

6. HALLS                   8-8

7. CLINTON               6-10

8. CAMPBELL CO.    3-13

9. CENTRAL              2-14

the only thing you have right is the fact that central will be last.

Karns over Gibbs

Powell over CC

Halls over Oak Ridge

Clinton over Central

And in non-district AC lost to Webb.....

Whats the schedule look like tonight????

I think Central plays CC

Powell and AC should be a good one...Tackett vs Owenby???

Clinton and Oak Ridge....Can Oak Ridge respond after getting beat up last night?

Not sure of the others....someone help me out,,,,,