District 3 AAA

Regg

I can't even recall without looking it up when a team from this district made it past the region. Powell has as good of a chance as I have seen in a while to represent 3 AAA at state.

Off the top of my head it was back around 2004 or 2005 when Halls made the Spring Fling.  May have been somebody make the sub-state since, but I don't recall. 

Other than that, I don't remember a Distrcit 3 team getting there. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 12 seniors will help a lot. Think Long will beat Farragut tomorrow?

I do think Long will best Farragut. Raby threw for Farragut last night. I don't know who else Farragut has to shut down the Powell offense. I don't know if Raby could shut down this offense. They are very aggressive and put the ball in play. They put pressure on the defensive and that seems to be a winning solution.

• 2 weeks later...

AC should be able to put a run together with the sticks they have and if their pitchers can keep it around the strike zone.

Yeah, they've pleasantly surprised me this year.  Pack has been mostly consistent and Ridenour has been much better in his senior season.  Powell is obviously the favorite in the other bracket.  Looking forward to it.

The Clinton/Campbell County play in game has been moved to Anderson County at 4:30 PM today, weather permitting, according to Powell coach Jay Scarbro. 

The actual tourney will take place Thursday and Friday (two games each night at each site beginning at 5 PM) at Powell and AC, then everything moves to Powell beginning on Saturday.  After tonight, the weather looks good, although a bit cooler through the weekend with highs forecast in the mid 60s.