District 3 AAA

Regg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Powell looks like they will have the regular season district title wrapped up by the end of next week. They seem to be unstoppable. They have the best 1,2,3 pitching rotation in ANY district, and they hit 1-9. Hitters 2-7 have NO weak spots and you can't pitch around them. Seems like the rest of the league is playing for second. Just my opinion.

Powell looks like they will have the regular season district title wrapped up by the end of next week. They seem to be unstoppable. They have the best 1,2,3 pitching rotation in ANY district, and they hit 1-9. Hitters 2-7 have NO weak spots and you can't pitch around them. Seems like the rest of the league is playing for second. Just my opinion.

Wouldn't go quite as far as saying that Powell is ready to wrap things up.  They are only one game up on Karns and still have the Beavers left once, and still have Halls left twice.  And as us Powell types know, Powell-Halls games are always interesting, no matter which team is up, and which team is supposedly in a "down" year.  Plus Powell will still likely see Steen pitch for Oak Ridge pitch, and when he pitches and is on they are capable of beating anybody in the state.  Still a lot of work to do before Powell wraps up anything.

That said, Powell has been playing very well this year, and especially as of late.  As long as they continue to play well and nothing weird (knocking on wood as I type) happens I do like Powell's chances.    

Edited by HTV

Valid point about the Powell-Halls rivalry. It always seems as that is played like Game 7 of the World Series. This year I just don't see Halls with the pitching or hitting to stop Powell. As for Karns, they are in a funk right now, as their #1 gave up 7 to Halls. They play Powell well all the time, but I don't think they will score runs off Long, Owenby, or Alford. Steen is a hard thrower. However as of late, the harder they come the further they go off the Powell bats. It's going to be an interesting finish but my money is on the Powell Panthers!!!

Valid point about the Powell-Halls rivalry. It always seems as that is played like Game 7 of the World Series. This year I just don't see Halls with the pitching or hitting to stop Powell. As for Karns, they are in a funk right now, as their #1 gave up 7 to Halls. They play Powell well all the time, but I don't think they will score runs off Long, Owenby, or Alford. Steen is a hard thrower. However as of late, the harder they come the further they go off the Powell bats. It's going to be an interesting finish but my money is on the Powell Panthers!!!

I'd like to see Steen pitch against Powell. Yep, the harder you throw the farther it goes, but you have to hit it first for it to go anywhere lol

Sounds like Powell will have a tough week ahead of them with the possibility of Steen being on the mound, but why would ORidge throw him to chance a game they may lose. They would be better to throw him against a lesser opponent for a sure win in district play. Just a FYI....Long is upper 80's and hits 90's when he needs to.

I'd like to see Long throw against Steen. Could be a good pitching matchup. Who would y'all go with in that one?

Probably have to go with Long for the simple fact that he would probably get more run support. OR's offense is lacking. Steen would have to pitch a shutout, which wouldn't be an easy task against the Panthers Of Powell.