District 3 AAA

Regg

My understanding is Powell will host Bearden (D4AAA runner-up) and Farragut (D4AAA Champ) will host Karns (D3AAA runner-up).  Both games Monday, 5/12/14.

Correct.  Game time at Powell on Monday hadn't been firmed up when I last talked to Coach Scarbro last night, but it should be around 6:30ish.  Suspect it will be firmed up today. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Farragut. They are hitting up and down their line-up. Have not seen Powell this year but I have Karns a couple of times. Karns will have to be vastly improved to compete next week, and maybe they are. Best of luck to all teams.

I would imagine that both teams will start their respective aces. So probably Thomas (Bearden) vs. Long (Powell).

Yep.  Since it is an elimination game that is what will likely happen.  Haven't seen Thomas this year, but Dalton Long has pitched well all year long, and especially over the last several weeks.  His "stock" has risen drastically as of late. 

Yep. Since it is an elimination game that is what will likely happen. Haven't seen Thomas this year, but Dalton Long has pitched well all year long, and especially over the last several weeks. His "stock" has risen drastically as of late.

sounds like a great match up, hope Long will be ready to go.

Powell defeats Bearden 5-4 in the first round of Region play.  Dalton Long goes 5 1/3 innings and gets the win, despite giving up a first inning solo homerun to Elijah Helton, sending Powell further in the tournament than they have ever been since joining AAA baseball.  Powell will play Farragut for the Region Championship on Wednesday.  Location is TBD.  Hats off to Lane Thomas and Bearden.  They are a HARD hitting team with some outstanding athletes.  Tonight's game was the best high school game I have seen in a LONG time. 

Powell defeats Bearden 5-4 in the first round of Region play.  Dalton Long goes 5 1/3 innings and gets the win, despite giving up a first inning solo homerun to Elijah Helton, sending Powell further in the tournament than they have ever been since joining AAA baseball.  Powell will play Farragut for the Region Championship on Wednesday.  Location is TBD.  Hats off to Lane Thomas and Bearden.  They are a HARD hitting team with some outstanding athletes.  Tonight's game was the best high school game I have seen in a LONG time. 

Great game last night. Due to the upcoming weather, Powell will play at Farragut tonight at 6:30pm. Should be an entertaining rematch.

Powell/Farragut winner will host DB/Sevier Co loser, while DB/SC winner will host Powell/Farrgut loser in substate.

Edited by osunut2