District 3 AAA

Regg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long going for Powell in sub state?

I would assume so. He pitched on Monday, so I would think he'll have had enough rest by then. I like Powell's chances against Sevier County or DB, especially since they've played both teams already. Should be a great matchup, either way.

Edited by osunut2

Long going for Powell in sub state?

I certainly expect Long to start, with Alford coming behind him if needed.   Both pitched on Monday and will be going on 4 or 5 days rest. 

Despite some reports, as of a few minutes ago it hasn't yet been determined if the Powell/DB game is going to be played on Friday night or Saturday night.  Powell's graduation is early Saturday morning, and it would be really tough to ask the Powell seniors to play Friday night and then make the 2 hour bus ride home from Kingsport, and be at graduation early Saturday morning. 

Edited by HTV

I certainly expect Long to start, with Alford coming behind him if needed. Both pitched on Monday and will be going on 4 or 5 days rest.

Despite some reports, as of a few minutes ago it hasn't yet been determined if the Powell/DB game is going to be played on Friday night or Saturday night. Powell's graduation is early Saturday morning, and it would be really tough to ask the Powell seniors to play Friday night and then make the 2 hour bus ride home from Kingsport, and bet at graduation early Saturday morning.

If Long throws and is on Powell has a great shot at it.

If Long throws and is on Powell has a great shot at it.

Yep.  Powell and DB played at DB very early in the season, and DB won a 2-1 game, if memory serves.  Don't remember who pitched in that game for Powell, but I don't think it was Long. 

Just watching the weather forecast.  Friday night may be a moot point, anyway.  Looks like the rain is going to hang around until late friday night.  I realize that DB has artificial turf, but that doesn't mean they will play in rain.  Saturday's forecast looks much better. 

Edited by HTV

• 2 weeks later...

Yep. Powell and DB played at DB very early in the season, and DB won a 2-1 game, if memory serves. Don't remember who pitched in that game for Powell, but I don't think it was Long.

Just watching the weather forecast. Friday night may be a moot point, anyway. Looks like the rain is going to hang around until late friday night. I realize that DB has artificial turf, but that doesn't mean they will play in rain. Saturday's forecast looks much better.

do you know when the all state team will be released?