Clarkrange comes to Jackson Co on Friday for round 1

UCSportsFan

I'm going to have to agree with what has already been said. Jackson County lost because of a lack of playing by their secondary players. Allen and Coe dominated Jackson County's side of the game. Jaycee had quite a number of treys while Allen showed her true athleticism. I don't know the actual numbers but I'm going to guess somewhere around 15 rebounds, 11 points, 2 steals, and a few assists. She played her heart out tonight and left it all on the court. Too bad it was in vein for this game.

I'm going to have to agree with what has already been said. Jackson County lost because of a lack of playing by their secondary players. Allen and Coe dominated Jackson County's side of the game. Jaycee had quite a number of treys while Allen showed her true athleticism. I don't know the actual numbers but I'm going to guess somewhere around 15 rebounds, 11 points, 2 steals, and a few assists. She played her heart out tonight and left it all on the court. Too bad it was in vein for this game.

Fan, I am not posting this to say I told you so, because I never said CR would beat JC, but CR is for real. They have a ton of talent for a class A school and the big freshman has the potential to be a monster one day. Couple that with Coach Roger's ability to get the most from his kids and they are going to be a tough out for anyone. Wish the re-match was on a diff night it will likely be a heck of a game, but I have to go watch my SMHS Panthers play @ Cookeville that night.

TC no offense taken and i can see why you spoke so highly of them. The young lady that plays the post is special, if she isn't SEC calibur she is a high mid major for sure. She gives Clarkrange something they have never had and few teams in high school have an that is a true post presence. After watching these two teams play i feel they have flip flopped from last year. Last year JC would have had to have an off night and CR would have had to be hitting everything in order for Jackson County to lose to them, this year is just the opposite. The loss of Flynn at point guard becomes more and more prevelant the further the season goes along. If she plays the only game JC loses is the one to the team out of Florida, but not having her puts so much burden on Coe that she is physically wore out at the end of the game. Allen played a great game last night and that kind of effort will be needed if JC is to have a chance to beat C'range. However i don't see anyone else beating JC and i see both making it to the state tournament and Jackson County shoots the ball really well on their home away from home floor a.k.a. Murphy Center so they have a chance. All you have to do is win the last one, as the Clay County fans will tell you.

• Upvote 2

Allen did play great, I bet she had close to 10 offensive rebounds.

Yes she did. She has proved over and over again as a freshman starter on a state championship winning team, and a Sophmore powerhouse exactly why she has gotten the accolades and recognition that she has. I agree with coach brown that she will be the next SEC player from JC and I see a potential miss basketball. Probably not this year, but her junior and senior years look very promising. I am just overall impressed by her game, and have always been every time I see her play.

• 2 weeks later...

Good game between two good teams.  C'range went on a 14-2 run at the end of the 1st half and through the 3rd quarter which proved to be the difference.  JC needs to shoot the ball well to beat this team from C'range.  The new transfers made a huge difference in the game and I really like the big girl she is going to be a very good player when its all said and done.  Not sure where they got the refs but they were horrible but horrible both ways.  I have never seen the one lady ref call a game at any level and how she got a big game like this is beyond me.  C'range was the best team on the floor tonight and it will be up to JC to make adjustments and get better before the next game in 2 weeks at the friendly confines of Clarkrange where they are even tougher to beat.  JC's supporting cast needs to play well and tonight they did not, but this is only the first game.  All that matters is the last game everything up to that point is just for bragging rights.  Hats off to the girls from CR they did something that hasn't been done by a district opponent in over 5 years and that is beat JC on their home floor.  The last team to do it was.... Clarkrange when they went undefeated in 08'.  

Can you explain transfers to me please.