Ooltewah Owls 2014

GOOSESDAD

Starsnbars I need your input on something. I know your a maryville guy. And I have tons of respect for u guys up there. I think our 1993 Cleveland team maybe the best team tennessee has ever seen. What do u think?

fooseball96 tuff question.......But eye will say thay were the most explosive offensive team eye've seen in TN.......And certainly rank vurry high..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Its a tough question to answer there has been alot of great ones. I guess im a little bias

Of course and that's understandable haha. I think Oak Ridge's last title team in 1991 was one of the best I have ever seen in this state, but of course I am biased, too lol. Some of the Knox Central teams with Todd Helton at the helm were awesome as well. Lincoln County had a few GREAT teams in the early 90's. Then of course Cleveland in 94 and the Riverdale teams and Maryville in 2011 was awesome. Just so many through the years.

Of course and that's understandable haha. I think Oak Ridge's last title team in 1991 was one of the best I have ever seen in this state, but of course I am biased, too lol. Some of the Knox Central teams with Todd Helton at the helm were awesome as well. Lincoln County had a few GREAT teams in the early 90's. Then of course Cleveland in 94 and the Riverdale teams and Maryville in 2011 was awesome. Just so many through the years.

true ;)

All of that "best team ever chatter" is all a matter of opinion. Hard to compare the era's and so forth and so on. To me like I said 94 Riverdale was the best I have ever seen. Some may agree that saw them play, but 100 others may say somebody else was the better team. Just all a matter of opinion.

Vurry trew SS......Eye will say eye've seed my shair ov good teems....

'87 Jeff Co.

'86 A-E

'93 Cleavelund

'75 Oke Gridge

'70 Mairvul

'74 Loudon

'77 Milan

inn no order...and thairs lotts moore

All of that "best team ever chatter" is all a matter of opinion. Hard to compare the era's and so forth and so on. To me like I said 94 Riverdale was the best I have ever seen. Some may agree that saw them play, but 100 others may say somebody else was the better team. Just all a matter of opinion.

yes.. Kind of like how all the old geezers say the 80s and early to mid 90s was the golden era of the nba and it will never be the same. But the NBA is currently more competitive across the board then it has ever been before. The first round of the 2014 playoffs was amazing... But you cant tell that to all the old geezers who say it all went down hill when Jordan retired.

I always heard that 1987 Jefferson Cty team was extremely tough

I forgot about that Jeff County team. We played them in 87 and they absoltely crushed us. I think the worst defeat in OR history. I was 10 years old and me and my dad made the trip there to watch that game (unfortunately) lol 51-0. Todd Collins who went on to have a long career in the NFL with the Patriots was probably the best LB I have ever seen. George Quarles was on that team, too I think? I know his brother was the QB for Jeff County that year. That team was incredible. Definitely one of the best I have ever seen with my own 2 eyes.I believe they finished 4th in the whole nation that year. Makes you wonder what happened to Jeff County since then.

Edited by SweetScience

yes.. Kind of like how all the old geezers say the 80s and early to mid 90s was the golden era of the nba and it will never be the same. But the NBA is currently more competitive across the board then it has ever been before. The first round of the 2014 playoffs was amazing... But you cant tell that to all the old geezers who say it all went down hill when Jordan retired.

Well, I will just say the NBA for me personally was much more fun to watch back then. To me it is a league of prima donna's now. Just my personal opinion though.

I forgot about that Jeff County team. We played them in 87 and they absoltely crushed us. I think the worst defeat in OR history. I was 10 years old and me and my dad made the trip there to watch that game (unfortunately) lol 51-0. Todd Collins who went on to have a long career in the NFL with the Patriots was probably the best LB I have ever seen. George Quarles was on that team, too I think? I know his brother was the QB for Jeff County that year. That team was incredible. Definitely one of the best I have ever seen with my own 2 eyes.I believe they finished 4th in the whole nation that year. Makes you wonder what happened to Jeff County since then.

Here is a cool video about the 87 patriots.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hHe6EuEV_KM