Ooltewah Owls 2014

GOOSESDAD

I am not to sure about total Knoxville domination……….. [/size]

Keep in mind that when we say "domination" we are talking about recent history. Since the current districts have formed the Knoxville area schools have dominated Chatt area schools, there's just no debating that, it's fact. Also you have to keep in mind that Passive creates these arguments by making ignorant statements... Such as his assertion that 4AAA is a "cupcake" district and maryville has a cakewalk to the title game. Whenever somebody says something that foolish its hard not to say something. Edited by Governors91

chattycain thainks fer answerin' one ov my qwestions..... :popcorneater:

Sorry, McCallie and Baylor do have around 10 to 12 guys from out of the area. Baylor and McCallie have great skill players and have taken a few from us. IMO there issue why they do not win more then they do is that they do not recruit big guys up front. I would think that both of these schools would struggle with Maryville do to that fact. Also both school play way to many guys both ways. I would guess that you were at our scrimmage last year and it was a good work out for both teams correct me if I am wrong East Ham did well (not saying we would win a real game) but we were able to move the ball cause we had big lineman and were able to bang. i do not think McCallie Baylor have that. It is also the reason why they cannot and will not beat Enesworth or BA. Yes there is sore rear ends down here cause of those schools, yes they do get some of our kids but its not something that would keep us from doing what we need to do. What compounds the issue is a few kids cross the Ga line, but again not enough to keep us from moving forward. The issue is way to many schools. I cannot think of 1 kid that went to Baylor or McCallie that would have made us a state champion. yea they are going to scream the RB that went to Baylor, he would have helped us sure, but there is more too it then skills, he made the correct choice and went to Baylor. Must I remind folks he did help us go 7-0 in middle school but did not bring home the championship lost to Tyner......... Go back and look at his numbers at Baylor. yes you did beat Brentwood, but I would guess not many on here are old enough to remember......... We were both a lot younger......

Keep in mind that when we say "domination" we are talking about recent history. Since the current districts have formed the Knoxville area schools have dominated Chatt area schools, there's just no debating that, it's fact. Also you have to keep in mind that Passive creates these arguments by making ignorant statements... Such as his assertion that 4AAA is a "cupcake" district and maryville has a cakewalk to the title game. Whenever somebody says something that foolish its hard not to say something.

Dude there is nobody on here that has gone to war with PA more then me, I understand. 4AAA is no cupcake........ I guess I need to understand recent history to me 10 years is recent history. As for Maryville having a cakewalk to the gold ball, well if they do so does Alabama, that an't so. Cannot speak for anyone else but East Ham will again show up at Maryville in Mid Aug, and Cleveland will go play West again, that's all we can do. Just remember this getting to #1 is easy, staying #1 is the hard part, with that said Maryville got my respect.

Sorry, McCallie and Baylor do have around 10 to 12 guys from out of the area. Baylor and McCallie have great skill players and have taken a few from us. IMO there issue why they do not win more then they do is that they do not recruit big guys up front. I would think that both of these schools would struggle with Maryville do to that fact. Also both school play way to many guys both ways. I would guess that you were at our scrimmage last year and it was a good work out for both teams correct me if I am wrong East Ham did well (not saying we would win a real game) but we were able to move the ball cause we had big lineman and were able to bang. i do not think McCallie Baylor have that. It is also the reason why they cannot and will not beat Enesworth or BA. Yes there is sore rear ends down here cause of those schools, yes they do get some of our kids but its not something that would keep us from doing what we need to do. What compounds the issue is a few kids cross the Ga line, but again not enough to keep us from moving forward. The issue is way to many schools. I cannot think of 1 kid that went to Baylor or McCallie that would have made us a state champion. yea they are going to scream the RB that went to Baylor, he would have helped us sure, but there is more too it then skills, he made the correct choice and went to Baylor. Must I remind folks he did help us go 7-0 in middle school but did not bring home the championship lost to Tyner......... Go back and look at his numbers at Baylor. yes you did beat Brentwood, but I would guess not many on here are old enough to remember......... We were both a lot younger......

All gooder points cain.......

Mairvul uses scrimmiges two prepair them fer tha seesun.....GQ nose thait sumwhur down tha line we wood play teems wif big lines (Alcoee, Blackmun etc.).....and East Ham haid thait and a good teem.....plus he uses scrimmiges two play all hundred ere so two git viddy-o on tham two look att how they react inn sitchyashuns.....So eye hoaped hit bennyfitted evurbodee.....And evun losin' two Endswerth inn tha scrimmige bennyfitted us fer a 15-0 run

Now cain eye reemimburr tham BA gaimes jist like thay wuz yisterdee..... B)

Dude there is nobody on here that has gone to war with PA more then me, I understand. 4AAA is no cupcake........ I guess I need to understand recent history to me 10 years is recent history. As for Maryville having a cakewalk to the gold ball, well if they do so does Alabama, that an't so. Cannot speak for anyone else but East Ham will again show up at Maryville in Mid Aug, and Cleveland will go play West again, that's all we can do. Just remember this getting to #1 is easy, staying #1 is the hard part, with that said Maryville got my respect.

Well my main gripe with passive is he disrespects 4AAA as a whole when he says we are cupcakes. It doesn't really surprise me that he hates on maryville, everyone does. But to say that 4AAA is weak is just dumb. As I already asked before how many times has 1 district sent 2 teams to State in the same year? I cant think of any time that has happened before except for 4AAA last year.

Chattcane,  I don't know about your statement, Last year if you had George Potter, Myles Patton, Jeffery Coleman, Trel Philips, there was also a good player that went to Ridgeland (to name just the ones I know of).   Hum,  I think East Hamilton could have won the state in 5a,  just my opinion.     

Chattcane,  I don't know about your statement, Last year if you had George Potter, Myles Patton, Jeffery Coleman, Trel Philips, there was also a good player that went to Ridgeland (to name just the ones I know of).   Hum,  I think East Hamilton could have won the state in 5a,  just my opinion.     

Don't forget Gage Upshaw.  The good player you're thinking of transferred to Ringgold, not Ridgeland. Shaun Anderson.  Rushed for 1,300+ and 15 TD's at Ringgold in 2012 the year after he transferred from EH.  The kid was a rolling ball of butcher knives.

East Hamilton has probably lost more good athletes to Baylor and McCallie than any school in Hamilton County and EH has still made it to the quarterfinals in two classifications (4A & 5A) over the last two years.

I totally agree with you.  Put those kids back on the last two East Hamilton teams and I think you're looking at 2 state championships for EH.

Edited by DougVick

Don't forget Gage Upshaw.  The good player you're thinking of transferred to Ringgold, not Ridgeland. Shaun Anderson.  Rushed for 1,300+ and 15 TD's at Ringgold in 2012 the year after he transferred from EH.  The kid was a rolling ball of butcher knives.

East Hamilton has probably lost more good athletes to Baylor and McCallie than any school in Hamilton County and EH has still made it to the quarterfinals in two classifications (4A & 5A) over the last two years.

I totally agree with you.  Put those kids back on the last two East Hamilton teams and I think you're looking at 2 state championships for EH.

The kid that went to Ridgeland was Corey Tucker, a very good young player.   Just proves our point, without even trying to hard we just named 7 players, most with college ability.   I know there are tons more but who cares.  It is what it is, I still suspect Chattanooga will be competitive this year. The programs in Knoxville may produce more championships, but the players are not better.      

I'd bet Baylor and McCallie could play with Maryville and Alcoa.  McCallie only lost by 14 to Ensworth in 2013.  Baylor lost by 7 to Ensworth in 2013.  Do you think Maryville and Alcoa could manage that?

You're right, last year Alcoa probably couldn't have managed that. But Maryville would have beaten any team in the state in a real game.

OK, I really do not want to go here but I will. Coleman is a great player, but where would he have played last year, which DB would he have beat out or would he have started over Herndon or Franscios as a return guy. Remember he was a 10th grader. He did not start at McCallie only as a return guy. He could have got lots of time in a back up roll, but don't see that winning us a gold ball. He does not play RB, and did not see anytime there during the spring game. Potter yes could and would have started at RB, with our lack of blocking would he have gotten more yards in a pass first offense. Trel Phillips was a Soph I am trying to figure out were he would started. Patton again a return guy and DB who would he have started over, I do think he did not beat Milita out in middle school, and got moved from RB to reciver to DB at McCallie, again how would that had helped us in winning a gold ball. Yes every one of them are world class players and yes this up and coming year would all be pre season 1st team guys. If we had everyone of them would we be a top 10 pre season pick, maybe. Yes, Coleman and patten would anchor the secondary this year, but would they wins us a state title.

Edited by chattacane

The kid that went to Ridgeland was Corey Tucker, a very good young player.   Just proves our point, without even trying to hard we just named 7 players, most with college ability.   I know there are tons more but who cares.  It is what it is, I still suspect Chattanooga will be competitive this year. The programs in Knoxville may produce more championships, but the players are not better.      

Wow, I am really not going to even go there on this one. Kids leave programs for many reasons most because the grass is greener on the other side. But I will tell you this only a very few kids dress as freshman for Gatewood, I know Porter was told he would play freshman ball and would not dress for varsity along with Austin Gatewood, both Fransois, Herndon, Moore, Griffith and Lenior, and all the rest, lot of talk went around and he left for Baylor, were he did get to play varsity. Some of the others also did not care for the program and thought they would not get a fare shake, had a freshman leave for Hooterville cause of the same reason, and things are not going to well for him over there. But none of these kids or all of them combined would not have won a state championship, and the only one that would have started was Porter. IMO