Ooltewah Owls 2014

GOOSESDAD

OK, I really do not want to go here but I will. Coleman is a great player, but where would he have played last year, which DB would he have beat out or would he have started over Herndon or Franscios as a return guy. Remember he was a 10th grader. He did not start at McCallie only as a return guy. He could have got lots of time in a back up roll, but don't see that winning us a gold ball. He does not play RB, and did not see anytime there during the spring game. Potter yes could and would have started at RB, with our lack of blocking would he have gotten more yards in a pass first offense. Trel Phillips was a Soph I am trying to figure out were he would started. Patton again a return guy and DB who would he have started over, I do think he did not beat Milita out in middle school, again how would that had helped us in winning a gold ball. Yes every one of them are world class players and yes this up and coming year would all be pre season 1st team guys. If we had everyone of them would we be a top 10 pre season pick, maybe. Yes, Coleman and patten would anchor the secondary this year, but would they wins us a state title.

Yeah,  I have to disagree. But not worth arguing over.  The depth and not having to play guys two ways would have been huge for EH.     

Yeah,  I have to disagree. But not worth arguing over.  The depth and not having to play guys two ways would have been huge for EH.     

I would agree with you, but would any of these guys taken us to a state championship? Now if you add them and the 4 or 5 guys who are zoned for EH but started at Hooterville, now you're getting close. How about about the best LB in this area and maybe the state that plays at Hooterville that lives 4 miles from East Ham, see where I am going. Stop worring about the private schools and clean up the zones, that's what's killing us. Do you think if McCallie and Baylor played the Owls, EH, and Cleveland they each go 3-0 vs those schools? Again there is a lot more to this then being great ball players, other things factor in here that happens off the field. Colemans back, did not Porter ask to return after his Freshman year?

Your a good guy and I respect you 100% and I will give you a chance to change my mind who would he (Coleman) have sent to back up?

My post were really about the differences in Knoxville and Chattanooga and why Knoxville has better programs but not better players.   But I've got to answer this one,  Colemen did start at McCallie at SS. Sometimes McCallie would let a senior play the first series and then Coleman much better would take over the rest of the game.    He was a complete stud, playing the best competition.  I saw him return two kicks against one of the top programs in the Country. (Bowling Green) who has like a 50 game winning streak.  I also saw almost every school in Chattanooga play.  There is not a single school he would have not started on and dominated on.  NO DOUBT.    All the others would have started or rotated in on a regular basis making the team much stronger.   I think you are totally undervaluing these guys.  I don't care if a few were soph.  they were good even at the DII level last year.    

Your a good guy and I respect you 100% and I will give you a chance to change my mind who would he (Coleman) have sent to back up?

Coleman would have been the clearcut starter at Safety last year.  Would have definitely saw time as a WR.  Would have been the Punt Returner and one of the Kickoff Returners as well.

Porter would have split time with Milita.  Those are two great high school RB's for one team.

Patton would have been either a starter at WR or a Corner.  That's added depth at a position EH was short on last year.

Trel Phillips would have been the best defensive lineman EH had last year.  Sands and DeAndre Black missed nearly the whole season in 2013.  That's more depth at a position EH was short on last year.  He probably would have seen time on the O-line too.

Gage Upshaw would have been All-State at WR last year for EH.  6'2-3, 215.  Can run and jump.  Pretty physical kid too from what I've seen.

Put those cats on the same team as Herndon, Moore, Lenoir, Francois, Morgan, Gatewood, Parker, and Milita.  That's a deep, experienced, athletic, physically talented team.

Edited by DougVick

Don't forget Gage Upshaw.  The good player you're thinking of transferred to Ringgold, not Ridgeland. Shaun Anderson.  Rushed for 1,300+ and 15 TD's at Ringgold in 2012 the year after he transferred from EH.  The kid was a rolling ball of butcher knives.

East Hamilton has probably lost more good athletes to Baylor and McCallie than any school in Hamilton County and EH has still made it to the quarterfinals in two classifications (4A & 5A) over the last two years.

I totally agree with you.  Put those kids back on the last two East Hamilton teams and I think you're looking at 2 state championships for EH.

Gage told East Ham he was leaving his 7th grade year to play with his brother. Yes he was a great player. As for Juice Anderson, well you need to do some research, great ball player did he leave for Ringgold? Or did he have no choice? Again more to just playing it's the other stuff also. IMO and others he was not going to beat out LojACK, and it became clear too him real quick. That brings up another point and really who's to blame, a kid wants to play and start right off the bat. How many kids have left our program cause they wanted to start and they thought (or there parents thought) they were the better player and picked up the pads and hit the road........ Yes it happens a lot at Maryville, Alcoa and all the other great schools. God knows how many great players for what ever reason don't stick it out even in college, and move to other green grass. I am not sold that we are not winning state championships cause of McCallie and Baylor. Really the last 2 years I have seen both of those teams and do not see them beating EH either year.

Coleman would have been the clearcut starter at Safety last year.  Would have definitely saw time as a WR.  Would have been the Punt Returner and one of the Kickoff Returners as well.

Porter would have split time with Milita.  Those are two great high school RB's for one team.

Patton would have been either a starter at WR or a Corner.  That's added depth at a position EH was short on last year.

Trel Phillips would have been the best defensive lineman EH had last year.  Sands and DeAndre Black missed nearly the whole season in 2013.  That's more depth at a position EH was short on last year.  He probably would have seen time on the O-line too.

Gage Upshaw would have been All-State at WR last year for EH.  6'2-3, 215.  Can run and jump.  Pretty physical kid too from what I've seen.

Put those cats on the same team as Herndon, Moore, Lenoir, Francois, Morgan, Gatewood, Parker, and Milita.  That's a deep, experienced, athletic, physically talented team.

Milita would have seen very little time at RB, and would have moved to slot. Patton would have seen time at DB not WR there was a reason he got moved to DB at McCallie. Upshaw would have been a stud but again he told us up front I am leaving after my 7th grade year. Coleman would have not seen much time at all. Again it's not all about skill there's other stuff too. Phillips did not want to play behind Sands and Black, and they got hurt......... Sorry dude we live in a world that it's all about me first and the team second.

Edited by chattacane

Gage told East Ham he was leaving his 7th grade year to play with his brother. Yes he was a great player. As for Juice Anderson, well you need to do some research, great ball player did he leave for Ringgold? Or did he have no choice? Again more to just playing it's the other stuff also. IMO and others he was not going to beat out LojACK, and it became clear too him real quick. That brings up another point and really who's to blame, a kid wants to play and start right off the bat. How many kids have left our program cause they wanted to start and they thought (or there parents thought) they were the better player and picked up the pads and hit the road........ Yes it happens a lot at Maryville, Alcoa and all the other great schools. God knows how many great players for what ever reason don't stick it out even in college, and move to other green grass. I am not sold that we are not winning state championships cause of McCallie and Baylor. Really the last 2 years I have seen both of those teams and do not see them beating EH either year.

I don't think Baylor or McCallie could beat East Hamilton either.  But I do feel like putting, arguably, the best 2-3 players from Baylor and McCallie back at East Hamilton would make that solid team deeper, faster, and a lot better.

Edited by DougVick

I think you are wrong, football is a numbers game,  All coaches will tell you that,  and when you remove those numbers (especially that talented of players) from a program it equals #nogoldfootballs.    I can't believe we are even debating this.

Milita would have seen very little time at RB, and would have moved to slot. Patton would have seen time at DB not WR there was a reason he got moved to DB at McCallie. Upshaw would have been a stud but again he told us up front I am leaving after my 7th grade year. Coleman would have not seen much time at all. Again it's not all about skill there's other stuff too.

Coleman saw 7 games worth of time at McCallie.

Put the kid in a different situation/location, that "other stuff" might get fixed.

Edited by DougVick

I don't think Baylor or McCallie could beat East Hamilton either.  But I do feel like putting, arguably, the best 2-3 players from Baylor and McCallie back at East Hamilton, then a solid East Hamilton team just got deeper, faster, and a lot better.

I agree 100% But it an't going to happen 2 more freshman studs left this year cause they want to start right now. And they an't going to start at the other place.....

Coleman saw 7 games worth of time at McCallie.

Put the kid in a different situation/location, that "other stuff" might get fixed.

Yes, and he is having the time of his life back at East Ham......... Great kid known him for 8 years spent a whole summer with him on the baseball field.